Bucket lister....Capped Bust!!!!

Mr. Digger

Elite Member
Last year my top 2 bucket listers were a Flying Eagle Cent or a Capped Bust anything. Neither materialized. Well I guess I was off by one year, at least for the Capped Bust anyway. Found the capped bust dime along an old cart road where I also found my first Seated Quarter a few years ago. Also pictured are some of my other various finds from this spring, including a vintage sterling Navy ring that someone wore almost smooth. I sure wish I could ID and return but there are no initials. The top of that bell is silver plated but the rest of it appears to be solid silver. No 925 mark so I'm thinking it must be late 1800's or early 1900's. Here's the link to YouTube vid to see some other finds if you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poXC2oPQlk0

Thanks for looking. Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day!

Attachments

• May rings 1.jpg
    May rings 1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 494
  • May rings 3.jpg
    May rings 3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 498
  • May bell situ.jpg
    May bell situ.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 492
  • May bell 1.jpg
    May bell 1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 501
  • May key 2.jpg
    May key 2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
The rest.....

Attachments

• May capped 2.jpg
    May capped 2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 460
  • May silver.jpg
    May silver.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 482
  • May buttons 2.jpg
    May buttons 2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 490
  • May buttons 1.jpg
    May buttons 1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 480
  • May buckles 1.jpg
    May buckles 1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 500
  • May capped 1.jpg
    May capped 1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Congrats on the Capped Bust silver! I can't even imagine seeing that in a plug at the places I dig. WOW!

Congrats on all those great finds hope to find a capped bust someday wow ! looks in great shape

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Amazing bunch of finds, digger, and that capped is in excellent shape, congrats!

All around amazing hunt, capped bust quarter what?!?!?!?! That is amazing. Truly a wonderful find! Congrats to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All around amazing hunt, capped bust quarter what?!?!?!?! That is amazing. Truly a wonderful find! Congrats to you!

Sorry if I confused with my post, folks. It's actually a dime, not a quarter. I added a pic up top of the reverse and tweaked the wording of my post. The capped bust quarter remains on the bucket list! Also, I guess I had the video posted as private, but I have corrected that now. Here is the link again if you want to check out some of my other spring finds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poXC2oPQlk0

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry if I confused with my post, folks. It's actually a dime, not a quarter.

lol. Doesn't really matter i suppose! Still an amazing find! In the photo with the Washington quarter it looks like it's the same size, that's what I was going off of lol.

Well done none the less

... It's actually a dime, not a quarter....

Ahh, it's that pix where it's posed next to a USA quarter (and appears similar in size) is what threw me. But yes: Bust dimes of those years were larger than dimes that followed (the current dime size).

Ok, so now it's a dime and not a quarter. We're bored now. Can't you go find something good for a change ?? haha Seriously now: That's still a $500 to $1k coin. Nice !

Back
Top Bottom