• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

ENDED Guess The Pirate

Swing4TheRing

Forum Supporter
I took my novice drone out on an excursion today for some outdoor flying and I thought I found a Sasquatch (per the grainy photos), but instead I found a pirate playing in the surf!

Guess the pirate by user name here on the forum and win a pretty mercury dime!

1 guess per member only :cool: If you were that pirate and saw my drone, no guesses for you... you got enough treasure! :p

Cheers all!

Attachments

• JPG00009.jpg
    JPG00009.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 597
  • JPG00026.jpg
    JPG00026.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 535
  • JPG00029.jpg
    JPG00029.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 618
I'm gonna say that is indeed Lake Michigan, On the Michigan side...Based upon the wave lengths and direction of yesterdays wind..., also, according to the guy in the orange shirts shadow angle/length and the wind blown sand from the North. And its color/texture is a tell tale....I'd say around 3:36pm....So it cant be Wisconsin, or everything would be reversed, and theres no sand over there.:laughing:.. Plus, theres a tiny little hint of a rock jetty in the upper right corner of that one pic...

And, thinking about an easy beach access area where a guy could park and fly a drone, color of the water, I sort of have it narrowed down...as to who on earth that was? Lemme think..hmmm...Chest waders? Wetsuit? Black handled scoop......So, I know who it wasnt...but I think I know that spot...so yeah...It could be about any one of about 6 of us..:laughing: I'm gonna say Irons on account He's crazy...!

Last edited:
Winner Winner Ice Scratcher! Irons could not resist the lure of open water in Feb! PM me address to send prize to. Cheers all!

Awesome!!

Lol, cold water hunters, not too many of us...

Thanks for the contest, I was thinking either Irons or Mud..

Sending PM...

So what did you get Irons? Lol

<°)))>{

I'm gonna say that is indeed Lake Michigan, On the Michigan side...Based upon the wave lengths and direction of yesterdays wind..., also, according to the guy in the orange shirts shadow angle/length and the wind blown sand from the North. And its color/texture is a tell tale....I'd say around 3:36pm....So it cant be Wisconsin, or everything would be reversed, and theres no sand over there.:laughing:.. Plus, theres a tiny little hint of a rock jetty in the upper right corner of that one pic...

And, thinking about an easy beach access area where a guy could park and fly a drone, color of the water, I sort of have it narrowed down...as to who on earth that was? Lemme think..hmmm...Chest waders? Wetsuit? Black handled scoop......So, I know who it wasnt...but I think I know that spot...so yeah...It could be about any one of about 6 of us..:laughing: I'm gonna say Irons on account He's crazy...!
Mud Puppy not only are you funny you're quite the detective, I bet you already found that million in Confederate gold in Lake Michigan

This should be a good week coming up...

Ice and wind look to be a problem on the big girl all week man, I am bummed. :(
I may need to dynamite a clearing in my local inland lake to get wet. Or hit some totters.

Mud Puppy not only are you funny you're quite the detective, I bet you already found that million in Confederate gold in Lake Michigan

Well thank you for noticing! I studied those pics for a few minutes and chunked the data accordingly...In my brain even....! I missed on the scoop color, on account of the shadow, but definitely a long handled digger like the one he uses.......That big sack of Confederate gold? yep...I still dream about it, its there too, of this I have no doubts..just waiting to be washed out of the dunes...about a mile to the North...between the Blockhouse and Ducky...

Heres a shot of Me and Irons from late Sept on this very spot!..He really likes hunting there for some reason? Like He said, Nothing there but pulltabs and pennies, but its easy access, free parking, a crapper close by, and he seems to enjoy the hunt!.:laughing::laughing: I dont know the guy who was flying the drone? He should PM me...I'm out there all the time!:laughing: Lookat that damn coil Irons swings! Big as a garbage can lid! Funny about the Cabelas hats huh?

That and our BMI, We have that in common! Thats about it... He finds Gold, and I wander around barefoot scarfing up towels and empty cans! Oh, and we both like to drive crappy little High MPG cars...!

Attachments

• irons.jpg
    irons.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 445
  • irons1.jpg
    irons1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
That and our BMI, We have that in common!
No Gold in that beach but I usually find enough shiny quarters to get an ice cream cone from the snack shop to keep my former beer belly inflated. Their soft serve cones are excellent! :laughing:

No Gold in that beach but I usually find enough shiny quarters to get an ice cream cone from the snack shop to keep my former beer belly inflated. Their soft serve cones are excellent! :laughing:

Well yeah.. No gold around the MKG...the old timey photos show all the dredge spoils...They had to keep that channel open for the coal ships and foundry castings...However...BIG gold down in Saugatuck!! That place was all Chicago Tourist money back in the day! And still is! ..Gold coming out the wazoo there! Like on Chicago Ron Vids! Nobody ever came to a damned old foundry town like the MKG!...!

Well yeah.. No gold around the MKG...the old timey photos show all the dredge spoils...They had to keep that channel open for the coal ships and foundry castings...However...BIG gold down in Saugatuck!! That place was all Chicago Tourist money back in the day! And still is! ..Gold coming out the wazoo there! Like on Chicago Ron Vids! Nobody ever came to a damned old foundry town like the MKG!...!

I bet there is big Gold down there in soggy. Prolly safe to go there while it's good and cold out too! . . :laughing:

I got my dime a few days ago..:D

Just wanted to post a picture and say thanks again Swing4TheRing, good luck on the next hunt!!

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20170303_210559.jpg
    IMG_20170303_210559.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 336
What kind of a drone do you have . I have 4 of them myself
2 Blade Chromas and 2 DJI's Phantom 3 pro and a Phantom 4

Back
Top Bottom