For those who hunt schools...

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
What do you hate worse, the pull tabs or the metal eraser holders? Seriously, I was sweeping one of the local schools and picked up one about every two minutes.

BCD

I've found a lot of pencil tops or erasers this year
& not just a school yards/tot lots.
Maybe another contest to have like the pull tab contest
but pencil top eraser contest .....:yes:

What do you hate worse, the pull tabs or the metal eraser holders? Seriously, I was sweeping one of the local schools and picked up one about every two minutes.

BCD

That's about right. BUT... Once you really clean out a school, it's interesting to see how many come back in a year. :)

Amazingly I have found very few pull tabs at the school I hunt alot, probably because they dont have pop machines available to the kids anymore.

Pencil erasers on the other hand...hate em.

Pencil eraser holders for sure. Another reason I ignore nickel type signals in schools. You ain't gonna find silver coins going after those targets...and since I personally hunt silver I'd only dig nickels where I know there's a very high chance that's exactly what the signal is...a nickel.

Memorial pennies

Stinkin Zincn's are the bain of my park and school yard hunts. They ring to close to goodies to pass by. Although I have to admit that sometimes I get lazy and pass them over if they are shallow :shifty:

This why I like school yard.

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 199
Small pieces of chain link fence
Ketchup packets
Eraser tops
Balls of foil
Random pieces of aluminum

I was getting burnt out with zincolins. A month ago... Same same....bout two inches deep....

At an old park.......and there is another zincolin ....ish signal...two inches deep

And it turned out to be this.............

Attachments

• 0417171349_crop_187x246.jpg
    0417171349_crop_187x246.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 1867twocent.jpg
    1867twocent.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 182
Wasn't. The best two cent piece......but it. Sure put me in check with two inch deep
"Zincolin" sort of...... Signals.!

Just when ya wanna walk away from one of those signals as you start getting
Tired of diggin the....pretty worthless ground eaten zinc pennies........
Something like this comes up ? Strange.......just some food for thought..
HH!

Back
Top Bottom