Don Larsen passes

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Only a journeyman pitcher but for one brief moment in time achieved something in 1956 that never happened before and probably will never happen again...
A perfect, no-hit game in the world series.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports...-who-threw-only-perfect-world-series-n1109381

He will be remembered for this forever, or he will by baseball fans, anyway.
Yogi Berra rushing him and then jumping into his arms after the last pitch is still an iconic image

RIP Mr.Larsen.

Attachments

• photostudio_1577974204916.jpg
    photostudio_1577974204916.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 187
Only a journeyman pitcher but for one brief moment in time achieved something in 1956 that never happened before and probably will never happen again...
A perfect, no-hit game in the world series.

RIP Mr.Larsen.
I was fortunate enough to see the final few innings of that game when I got home after school. Back in those days some of the games were played in the afternoon.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 147
Hilariously funny commentary in the description!
It was a page in the book pictured here. The entire book is hilarious, especially if you followed baseball back then. The book was published in 1975 so none of the current players are included. Every so often I re-read the book and still crack up at some of the stuff written in it. I should of mentioned that the baseball card of Don Larsen was from 1958.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 143
Back
Top Bottom