• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Michigan Farthing

jbrow

Elite Member
Out in an older site today. Cold and windy.... Haven't found too many signals in this old place so far....a couple flat buttons and a thimble and one coin... Super surprised by this old farthing. At first I thought it was a half penny , but after measuring and weighing , maybe a Farthing ! From what I can tell, it Looks like it is possibly a George IV .... I tried to clean it up a bit to get a date.....Not positive, but maybe 1828 !

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 380
  • Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 338
  • Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 309
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 291
  • Image00005.jpg
    Image00005.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 305
  • Image00006.jpg
    Image00006.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 308
Maybe not high a production outing Jeremy bur for sure great quality. Digging history, congrats on the old Farthing along with all the rest, Trapper

I thought Chucky Cheese tokens were called 'Michigan Farthings'? :laughing:

Lets see it when you get it all cleaned up jbrow! Nice old coin! In fact, I've found several of those here in Michigan.....

They depict a guy in a wheelchair holding a fish spear or something, they sound like a CC or NCV token....I call them 'spearies'...:laughing:

A guy has to admire a cripple getting out on the ice in a wheelchair in the Winter with a fish spear!...Its probably Ted Nugent or maybe Bob Seger? I think the guy on the front is the profile of that one govener we had who drove an Oldsmobile? What was his name?...anyway...he made a big deal about it...

The obvers profile shot might be of Granny Granholm? Hard to tell in its condition without the key identifying GG mole popping large...

This coin exemplifies the sturdy Indomitable Michigan Spirit! Wheelchairing yourself out on the ice to spear a big pike, So its quite a trophy!...Congrats on your Spearie!

It aint a Franklin Mint Kid Rock commemorative or that one guy M&M who calls himself Slim Shadey....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom