A Re-introduction

Call Me V

Good morning, everyone. I've been part of this forum for about year now, but the past nine months or so I've been missing. I feel kind of funny coming back, but I missed the community too much, and felt I needed to introduce myself again.

Anyhow, it's been a hard nine months. Towards the end of last year just before the cold came and froze the ground, my Equinox got destroyed. I leaned it up against my mom's car while I repacked some things in the trunk of my car and I ran back into the house for something. Mom, not realizing it was there and me not realizing she was leaving, pulled out and ran over it. The blessing is that it happened just as the weather was making hunting impossible for the next six months. So I used that six months to save up for a new one (which I now have).

Then in January I had recitals. My school uses recitals also as their test for class advancement. It was my chance to get to advanced ballet level 8 and I think my adrenaline kicked in. I went up for a grand jeté, a jump I've done a thousand times, but this time was much higher than I've ever gone before. Down I came and snap went the talus bone in my ankle. Surgery and two pins later and I was laid up. Blessing again, it happened when I couldn't do much else anyhow.

Now here I am, late May, almost into June, my ankle is at 85%, my new detector is here and I'm getting a chance to hunt again. I got out for my first hunt this past weekend at an old park my friend started hunting, and I had a great find! But I'll post that in the finds area.

It will be great to interact with all you wonderful people once again!

Last edited:
Wow, so sorry you had such a bummer 9 months, but glad you're back and determined to move forward and enjoy detecting again !

Sounds like you did good before with your Nox, but just in case they might help here are some short tutorial videos on the Nox that someone made and are very well done and could help fine tune your ability even better -

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpymZHu8sv5nwrk34ID53OxszE8fjuDFC

(they cover both the 600 and 800)

welcomebackchalkboardhh.jpg

Wow, so sorry you had such a bummer 9 months, but glad you're back and determined to move forward and enjoy detecting again !

Sounds like you did good before with your Nox, but just in case they might help here are some short tutorial videos on the Nox that someone made and are very well done and could help fine tune your ability even better -

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpymZHu8sv5nwrk34ID53OxszE8fjuDFC

(they cover both the 600 and 800)

View attachment 466294

Thank you, GKL. I have those videos bookmarked and have watched them a couple of times through.

Welcome back.

Out of curiosity: how badly was the Equinox damaged? Was any part of it salvageable?

What ? That should be covered under the ML warranty ! Happy your hopping!

Welcome Back You were missed Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Don't push that ankle too hard. Good luck in your hunting.

Welcome back, V! Sorry to hear about the ankle...hopefully you can make a complete recovery and have no impact on your ability to continue dancing. I broke my tibial plateau 8 years ago - eleven screws, a plate, and 4 months non-weight bearing to repair it. I was near religious with doing physical therapy after, and I think that made all the difference in the world for fully recovering range of motion and strength. I was back to about 95% within about a year, and eventually I even had the hardware removed which made it feel close to 100% again. You’re younger, so I’ll be you’ll be back to 100% in no time - but don’t skip that PT!

Awful news about your Equinox :shock:, but glad you decided to get a replacement, get back to hunting, and happy to have you rejoin us! Looking forward to seeing the finds - you were on quite a tear with rings for a while, if I remember right! :cool3:

Been wondering where the V went. I figured you and your hunting buddy were cleaning out all the closed schools in your area. First your new 'Nox, then your million dollar ankle? (you know; it's an insurance term for pro dancers) Ouch!
Glad to hear you're back at it. Looking forward to more good find posts. Now I have to see what you dug this time...

Welcome back.

Out of curiosity: how badly was the Equinox damaged? Was any part of it salvageable?

Welcome Back, that nox may be fixable if it was only the coil or handle that broke.

Unfortunately the control box was completely smashed. The coil was fine but the connector to the control box was damaged.

It is what it is. I had considered using it as a chance to think about trying another machine, but I love my Nox too much.

Welcome back, V! Sorry to hear about the ankle...hopefully you can make a complete recovery and have no impact on your ability to continue dancing. I broke my tibial plateau 8 years ago - eleven screws, a plate, and 4 months non-weight bearing to repair it. I was near religious with doing physical therapy after, and I think that made all the difference in the world for fully recovering range of motion and strength. I was back to about 95% within about a year, and eventually I even had the hardware removed which made it feel close to 100% again. You’re younger, so I’ll be you’ll be back to 100% in no time - but don’t skip that PT!

Thank you for the inspiration, AirmetTango. I am doing PT and working with a personal trainer that I've worked with for the past year. He's great at helping me workout around the injury and keeping all the supporting muscles.

Back
Top Bottom