New Member From South Dakota

MDRob

Greetings all,

I'm a new member from the SE area of South Dakota. I do metal detecting as a living, but instead of relics and coins I find bombs and bullets (UXO). Finding a 1943 silver half dollar on a job site got me hooked on metal detecting as a hobby. I was hoping to find active MDers in my area since SD has no active clubs. I've seen some very nice and interesting finds on here. HH, and thanks for having me.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Congrats on the silver half dollar ! :thumbsup:

I'm retired, but I'm sure some of the other detectorists on the forum might like to get paid for doing what they do as a hobby :lol:

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Hello and welcome! Regardless of what Gary said, I am happy doing my detecting as a unpaid hobbyist than the alternative. :yes: I'm glad though there are people are involved in such a capacity, and is itself the root of our own hobby.

For finding a hunting buddy get added to the map (a look in your area doesn't show anyone sorry to say), and make a post in the category itself.

Congrats on your silver half dollar, and hopefully the first of many such finds. HH

...... Finding a 1943 silver half dollar on a job site got me hooked on metal detecting as a hobby....

Welcome from Salinas CA. And it was I, yes I, that lost that 1943 walker half. Please kindly mail it back to me ! :cool3:

Greetings all,

I'm a new member from the SE area of South Dakota. I do metal detecting as a living, but instead of relics and coins I find bombs and bullets (UXO). Finding a 1943 silver half dollar on a job site got me hooked on metal detecting as a hobby. I was hoping to find active MDers in my area since SD has no active clubs. I've seen some very nice and interesting finds on here. HH, and thanks for having me.

Welcome! Central SD here - if you ever get out towards Pierre or North to Aberdeen, LMK, can't wait to get out there again this spring!

youtube.com/diggun

UXO's.....UGH, I wanted to run when I saw them, especially if wires were attached! Stay safe Rob and welcome from WC Arkansas!

Rob, I live in WI but every year I come to your beautiful state to pheasant hunt. I spend 2-3 weeks chasing roosters and metal detecting in Hand county. Are you close by?

Back
Top Bottom