Soccer Flipping Coin

Lee1968

Elite Member
I went to a local park, and was doing a baseball field that is rarely used anymore. I found several clad coins, but was excited when I got a 28-29. I was thinking it was a silver dime, but it seemed bigger than it should have. I carefully dug down and out popped this flipping coin. Not a big deal, but it is the first one I have ever dug. Also found a Spring Classic coin for a soccer tournament. Not sure if it is also a flipping coin, or just a commemorative token, but it is still pretty cool. Not sure why two soccer items was found in the middle of a baseball field, but I will take them. Also found $5.76 in clad, and a Liz Claiborne earring (junk). Thanks for looking, and happy hunting!

20200529_152405 - Edited.jpg

20200529_152433 - Edited.jpg

20200529_152500 - Edited.jpg

20200529_152516 - Edited.jpg

20200529_152537 - Edited.jpg

I'll bet they both were. I had a coach approach me on a soccer field who said he'd lost several flipping coins there. Never found any of them but did turn up a presidential dollar coin that might have been used for the same purpose. Neat finds!

Those are pretty cool.
I found a one ounce silver round on a soccer field once.
Big lady Liberty, made in Minesota:D

I've got a whole bag of those. I used to referee soccer and always like finding them nowadays. I also find tons of soccer tournament pins that are given out to players and coaches.

I'll bet they both were. I had a coach approach me on a soccer field who said he'd lost several flipping coins there. Never found any of them but did turn up a presidential dollar coin that might have been used for the same purpose. Neat finds!

Thanks!

Those are pretty cool.
I found a one ounce silver round on a soccer field once.
Big lady Liberty, made in Minesota:D

Nice!

I've got a whole bag of those. I used to referee soccer and always like finding them nowadays. I also find tons of soccer tournament pins that are given out to players and coaches.

Yeah, I was surprised to find them in a baseball field.

Back
Top Bottom