Hello!

alba359

Hi, My name is Don. Born in 1954 in New Orleans. I now reside in Slidell La. Got into the hobby because I like history. I'm also a drummer for a 3 piece oldie Rock & Roll band. Happy to be here and gain some knowledge from you guys. I wish I had lots to share about this hobby but I would not want to mislead anyone about anything I'm not absolutely sure of. If you need some advice on drums I may be able to help! Thanks for allowing me to be here. Sincerely, Don

Hi Don, welcome to the forum. I finally got to New Orleans in January. Only did a day trip from Ocean Springs Miss. It was a cool place to visit. I hope to get back there next year. We stay at the Davis Bayou Campground in Ocean Springs. I'll look you up when we get back down there.

Gene

Welcome Don from Covington La!!! Glad to see we have a new kid on the block out here. Where ya at in the North Shore?

Oh and If you wanna learn this hobby you came to the right place Tnet has the best informed people and couldn’t ask for a greater group of degenerate digger like myself.

P.S. If you have a friend or relative with a 200 year old property will you call me please? [emoji1317][emoji631]

Welcome to the forum!!!!

Thanks for the welcome guys! When I was a kid I lived in a corner house on Dauphine st.and Pauline st that was built around the late 1800's. The house was about 2 ft. off the ground. I was curious and crawled under the house and found old medicine bottles and an old bottle of Jackson root beer embossed with a picture of the General on his horse, very similar to the statue in Jackson Square, some old transit and tax tokens. That got me interested in looking to the ground for old objects.

Where you living now? Hell I still make that trip to New Orleans to detect.
Root Beer bottles are my thing. Man I never heard of Jackson Root Beer where have I been? I love it 1930’s [emoji1360]
b6ee9e442068677974423e66d4dfa730.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I live in Slidell. I still go to New Orleans on occasion and detect. It's getting a bit to dangerous to detect some places in N.O. With headphones on and concentrating on detecting you become an easy target.

Thanks guys! I live in Slidell. I still go to New Orleans on occasion and detect. It's getting a bit to dangerous to detect some places in N.O. With headphones on and concentrating on detecting you become an easy target.

The older the neighborhood the more odds of getting killed.

I lived in the The Bywater area of the The 9th Ward until 1974 at 3803 Dauphine st. Lee Harvey Oswald lived in a house around the corner in the 900 (or 800 don't remember) block of Pauline st.(before I was born). A family of Boudreaux's lived in the house after. My sister in law slept in Oswald's baby bed which was left in the attic. When the Boudreaux's moved I urged my brother to take the crib which was in the attic when the house was sold. Unfortunately he didn't. There was also a chandelier in the attic that Oswald had allegedly broken when he threw a toy at it. It may be still in the attic. My grandfather owned Albanese's grocery store in the 900 block of Pauline. When JFK was assassinated some government agents interviewed him about Oswald. He told them he didn't know anything about Oswald. But he had seen Oswald on occasion but didn't want any trouble.......I'm kind of haunted by The Oswald thing as later in life I worked with someone whose father bought some explosives from Oswald to blow up tree stumps. Oswald asked if he could bury some things on his property which was across the lake from New Orleans........The bottle of Jackson root beer that I found had the General on horseback embossed on it.

Last edited:
I lived in the The Bywater area of the The 9th Ward until 1974 at 3803 Dauphine st. Lee Harvey Oswald lived in a house around the corner in the 900 (or 800 don't remember) block of Pauline st.(before I was born). A family of Boudreaux's lived in the house after. My sister in law slept in Oswald's baby bed which was left in the attic. When the Boudreaux's moved I urged my brother to take the crib which was in the attic when the house was sold. Unfortunately he didn't. There was also a chandelier in the attic that Oswald had allegedly broken when he threw a toy at it. It may be still in the attic. My grandfather owned Albanese's grocery store in the 900 block of Pauline. When JFK was assassinated some government agents interviewed him about Oswald. He told them he didn't know anything about Oswald. But he had seen Oswald on occasion but didn't want any trouble.......I'm kind of haunted by The Oswald thing as later in life I worked with someone whose father bought some explosives from Oswald to blow up tree stumps. Oswald asked if he could bury some things on his property which was across the lake from New Orleans........The bottle of Jackson root beer that I found had the General on horseback embossed on it.

I love to hunt that Bywayer area. Big time history.

Back
Top Bottom