• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another day at old stage stop

Volksman

I got out around some big trees that were in front of where the old house was and got a few nice finds. I had never heard of Waterloo Boy but the watch fob is a keeper for sure.
A094AD62-63D1-416C-9801-380B0AB3360A.jpg

635EA8DE-C408-4A2C-A1ED-4AA4AEDDDF93.jpg

09A7DFDB-EF52-4025-9DB0-C3CE22BB8A97.jpg

6C5443CD-7926-4B15-8B4E-A334EAF7AC6A.jpg

Good show. And I love the beautiful emerald green patina on that IH.

I believe the Waterloo Boy tractor fob was a John Deere product.

From my very limited online research, it appears that in 1895 the Waterloo Gasoline Engine Traction Engine Company was sold to John W. Miller, and renamed the Waterloo Gasoline Engine Company.

In 1918 the company was purchased by John Deere. So I am thinking this fob must have been produced somewhere in that range. The fob itself is metal. Brass maybe?

There appears to be some enamel filling in the large WB letters on the front. The front features a large W and B. A ribbon above with the words Waterloo Boy, and a ribbon underneath that says Gasoline Engine. A gasoline engine is in the center.

Above the top ribbon are stamped the letters J V. I am only guessing that this may have been stamped with a die by the owner of the fob, and is not original to the item. It does not distract from the fob though.The back has the following text: Waterloo Gasoline Engine Co. Makers of buttercup cream separators, one man tractors, one ton motor trucks. Sold only through dealers.

Great bunch of finds! Congrats! Being a stage stop there should be some older coins and relics there.

Congrats on a nice and varied group of finds. A merc, IH, buffalo, and a Barber plus a cool watch fob, I'd call that a successful day.

Don

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom