Just got my Discogram

Awendaw

Forum Supporter
Holy %$#$!!! That hurt. Two ruptured discs. May not need surgery though. I definitely do not want to do that again.:tissue:

I know what you mean by hurt!same think done to me,i have a bad back then my leg, it never ends,5 surgery's and it just keeps nagging me,best thing they ever did was burn my nerve endings but they grow back and i feel it 24/7

Bummer. I know the feeling. I have 3 herniated disks in my neck that pinch the nerves running through my shoulder blades and down to my fingers. It is friggin debilitating. The shots into the spinal fluid helped for about 4 months or so but are super expensive even with insurance. But ever since I got my inversion table I haven't had any pain since. I use it a couple times a day for about 10 minutes each time. Helped me out tremendously. Depending on what your trouble is you might wanna check one out. I have this one: CLICK ME

I had an inversion table that didn't help much. I found a Relax the Back Zero Gravity recliner on craigslist that is the best chair ever. Now if the wife would ever get home I can take some pain meds.:D

Cool commercial.

Now for the caveat. :)

Television commercials are the crabgrass in the lawn of life BUT you can really make out like a bandit IF you remember a few simple things.

1. Buy ONLY what you saw on TV and make SURE that what you think the offer says IS what it says.

2. NEVER give your credit card # more than ONCE.

3. Use the "Magic Phrase"

4. TANSTAAFL! (There Aint NO Such thing As A Free Lunch!)

I used to work for a company named LiveOps. I worked there for four years. 2008 - 2012. It was a relatively good paying gig, not stellar, BUT I learned a BUNCH of insider tricks and I'm telling them to you so you WON'T get skunked.

1. Be sure the ad SAYS what you THINK it says. There may be that big old $14.95 in a red flash, like I saw on that ad, BUT that is $14.95 for a "free in-home trial" That means you pay for shipping out, and back. It also means that your 14 days START the minute you hang up the phone!! Yes. by the time you GET the item half that time may already be GONE! But they don't TELL you that! *find OUT what the full price IS!*

Also if you see a huge flashing number. somewhere in teeeeny print it could say "five easy payments of" meaning that gorgeous red number is one FIFTH the price... not counting shipping and handling...

Shipping and Handling can RUIN a great deal on TV. In many cases it is MORE than the item itself! If you call on something make SURE they disclose to you the cost of shipping and handling.

2. NEVER *ever* give your credit card more than once! Ever.

Why? Because near the end of the call you're gonna get the "Affinities" These are likely to be "gift cards" or "shopper savings cards" or whatever... they are "shoppers clubs" "savers clubs" "free crusies" and the operator will ask you for your credit card number. Why? Because the "affinity" is not from the company that placed the televison ad you are calling about!! It's another company *entirely* and THEY will hit your card for all it's worth! These companies are scams and cancers on the telemarketing world! Avoid them like the plague!
REFUSE ALL "free" offers!

3. Use the "Magic Phrase" Here it is. "I am calling for the Junior Whizzo! If you offer me anything more I will cancel this call." Say it nicely, firmly and politely and USE that wording "I will cancel this call."

Operators who answer the telemercial calls are forced (yes they listen in on calls) to add "upsells" They'll offer you the SnotMaster 2013 Nasal cleaner. THEN they'll offer you the SnotMaster Deluxe with extension cord and battery charger. THEN the Tru-Kleen Gel Club for renewable packs of SnotMaster NoseJelly. THEN they'll offer to upgrade your offer and add the Whizzo Ear Cleaner with attachments" and then...................... They HAVE to! You can say "No" NO!" NO!!!" "I don't WANT the Acme Knee Shaver!" "No THANK YOU! and it does NO good! Operators WILL ignore EVERY entreaty. The *only* time they are PERMITTED to skip the rest of the garbage is when the caller *threatens to cancel*. Say it nicely and *bingo* you get to the end of the call easy peasy.

4. TANSTAAFL. Nothing... expecially on televison commercial calls is free. You might think that by law if an ad says "FREE!!" it must be free. but no! HERE comes good old Shipping and Handling again!!
I used to sell the Ronco knives. You could get one set for $39.95 (plus shipping and handling) and the second set FREE (just pay shipping and handling). What they DIDN'T tell you was that S&H was $40.95!! For EACH set! The final cost of the two sets of knoves was *over* $100.00! And here's the kicker... the caller could NOT turn down the free set!

But wait! There's more!

If you want to avoid all the !!!!... it's easy. Check with local stores to see if the "As Seen On TV item is available. Buy it at the store and.. if it turns out to be a dud... the store will take it back! Can't DO that with TV ads.

If you cannot find it locally (and you'd be AMAZED at what you CAN find locally) then call. BUT don't fall for "Call in the next half hour and it's half off!"... It'll STILL be "half off" three DAYS from now. That's a gimmick. Call when you have the money, tell them you want the item you saw, by name "The Granny McGillicuddy Hemorrhoid Weasel!" and *nothing* *else* or you will cancel. Give them your info, CC# etc. and then, once you are sure the order is properly entered... order NOTHING ELSE. Tell them you'll cancel.

Television infomercials are a stone cold RACKET and you can get burned pretty badly, but follow my advice and you'll get what you want with a minimun of fuss. Oh, and never EVER *EVER* join ANY club! Never ever. Clubs are 100% ripoffs.

SageGrouse
Out of the trenches and NEVER going back in!

Back
Top Bottom