• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

When is Silver Better Than Gold? Let's See! (BRACELET SALE UPDATE)

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I went yesterday for a 4.5 hour hunt with Merlin just before 2pm. Since there really haven’t been any wind or surf conditions to move sand around, I decided to work the sand bars and areas where I saw people congregate to go after the fresher drops. I really thought my hunt was going to be just good with the Ray-Bans and what I thought was a nice little silver bracelet and the silver ring with the CZ that was a heart stopper. I would actually take the ring out about 20 minutes later looking for a gold mark but saw the “925”. :roll: Oh well. I thought the other junk rings were nice. At home, I look into the Triton which I now noticed had some diamonds. The ring had inscribed “Triton Tunsgten Carbide/925”. Now my interest was piqued. I test the diamonds and they are real. I quickly look up the ring and see that Macy’s sells it for $1,000! :shock: (The price range starts at over $300 with other retailors). Then I turn my attention on the innocuous, but nice looking, little silver cross bracelet. Marked “925” & “1999” and I also make out an old looking script as well “CH”. I was again shocked to see what those sell for new $1,200. I even saw a used one selling for over $600! :shock: I gotta tell you folks it’s ridiculous but who am I to argue? I know I won’t get anywhere those prices when I sell them but I know I will be getting a very nice chunk of money. :gettinmoney: And what would one of my hunts be without a nice pair of sunglasses? :cool:

At various times throughout my hunt I thought of Robert. When I got off the beach I had a text on my phone that he had passed. RIP Robert and peace to his family. Your rescue stories will be missed as we all have lost a very good :pirate2:

Attachments

• 7-26-21.jpg
    7-26-21.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,003
  • 7-26-21 Rings.jpg
    7-26-21 Rings.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 7-26-21 Triton.jpg
    7-26-21 Triton.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,006
  • 7-26-21 Bracelet.jpg
    7-26-21 Bracelet.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 995
  • 7-26-21 Glasses.jpg
    7-26-21 Glasses.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 989
  • CH Bracelet.jpg
    CH Bracelet.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 972
  • 7-26-21 tester.jpg
    7-26-21 tester.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Triton.jpg
    Triton.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 961
Last edited:
I went yesterday for a 4.5 hour hunt with Merlin just before 2pm. Since there really haven’t been any wind or surf conditions to move sand around, I decided to work the sand bars and areas where I saw people congregate to go after the fresher drops. I really thought my hunt was going to be just good with the Ray-Bans and what I thought was a nice little silver bracelet and the silver ring with the CZ that was a heart stopper. I would actually take the ring out about 20 minutes later looking for a gold mark but saw the “925”. :roll: Oh well. I thought the other junk rings were nice. At home, I look into the Triton which I now noticed had some diamonds. The ring had inscribed “Triton Tunsgten Carbide/925”. Now my interest was piqued. I test the diamonds and they are real. I quickly look up the ring and see that Macy’s sells it for $1,000! :shock: (The price range starts at over $300 with other retailors). Then I turn my attention on the innocuous, but nice looking, little silver cross bracelet. Marked “925” & “1999” and I also make out an old looking script as well “CH”. I was again shocked to see what those sell for new $1,200. I even saw a used one selling for over $600! :shock: I gotta tell you folks it’s ridiculous but who am I to argue? I know I won’t get anywhere those prices when I sell them but I know I will be getting a very nice chunk of money. :gettinmoney: And what would one of my hunts be without a nice pair of sunglasses? :cool:

At various times throughout my hunt I thought of Robert. When I got off the beach I had a text on my phone that he had passed. RIP Robert and peace to his family. Your rescue stories will be missed as we all have lost a very good :pirate2:

Verg nice Felix! Congrats!

Nice hunt Felix I'd be curious to know what you get out of those 2 rings when you sell them. I look up all the junk rings I find and it amazes me what people pay for them, it really puzzles me why they wouldn't just buy precious metal at the same price or even cheaper, go figure.

You might find that retailers are charging those type prices for those type rings, but you will be hard-pressed to re-sell them for much of anything. :mad:

Very variety and a bit of volume of finds. Next time you will get gold !

Nice haul Felix! I can tell I am getting old now with the Triton Tunsgten Carbide/925 ring. Back in my day that silver outer rim was gold. How low can they go..

A great hunt and Photos Felix , I really like those shots with the driftwood ! I hope you make some decent bucks when you sell them .
^ what he said !
Thanks guys! That driftwood was picked up on a camp out in the Everglades with my son's Boy Scout Troop years ago. I have no idea what wood it is. I mounted it on my wooden fence and began using it for pictures some years ago since it looked good and was at at a good height for the pictures. Usually I wait for afternoon pictures that bring out a nice sparkle but those pics were in the morning.
You might find that retailers are charging those type prices for those type rings, but you will be hard-pressed to re-sell them for much of anything. :mad:
I understand and disagree Tom. Things sell for whatever one is willing to pay for them. If someone was willing to pay $1,200 for the bracelet or $1,000 for the ring when they were NEW someone out there is willing to pay 20-25% of that value used. The $300 Chanel sunglasses I found last week, I just put up on eBay on Sunday. I have, as of today, my 1st bid at $100 and 7 watchers on them. But don't worry you'll still get your cut! ;)

Thanks guys! That driftwood was picked up on a camp out in the Everglades with my son's Boy Scout Troop years ago. I have no idea what wood it is. I mounted it on my wooden fence and began using it for pictures some years ago since it looked good and was at at a good height for the pictures.
I find a lot of cedar. Got it around my fish mailbox:lol:

I understand and disagree Tom. Things sell for whatever one is willing to pay for them. If someone was willing to pay $1,200 for the bracelet or $1,000 for the ring when they were NEW someone out there is willing to pay 20-25% of that value used. The $300 Chanel sunglasses I found last week, I just put up on eBay on Sunday. I have, as of today, my 1st bid at $100 and 7 watchers on them. But don't worry you'll still get your cut! ;)

Felix, I'm with you. Some things actually sell. Triton rings with diamonds are one of them. They all seem to sell for between $115 and $150... at least that's what eBay is showing for your exact ring! Several of them sold in the last few months... I'd take that over 1.5 grams of 14K gold (which is what I found today...) But hey... $50 in gold is $50 in gold. :)

I have to agree with Felix, Plenty of fools out there! I know someone who just sold a Mercedes signet brass ring for 300.oo. It is stamped 18k.. And he told the guy it was brass.. found with a Nox.. ..polished it up real good.. Sold it.. :shock: Seems there are fools born every minute...

I have to agree with Felix, Plenty of fools out there! I know someone who just sold a Mercedes signet brass ring for 300.oo. It is stamped 18k.. And he told the guy it was brass.. found with a Nox.. ..polished it up real good.. Sold it.. :shock: Seems there are fools born every minute...
Felix, I'm with you. Some things actually sell. Triton rings with diamonds are one of them. They all seem to sell for between $115 and $150... at least that's what eBay is showing for your exact ring! Several of them sold in the last few months... I'd take that over 1.5 grams of 14K gold (which is what I found today...) But hey... $50 in gold is $50 in gold. :)
The Chanel sunglasses ended up selling for $108 (just over $93 after fees to me). The buyer in California paid almost $118 with the state taxes and such. I have the Triton and Chrome Hearts silver pendant going on sale on Saturday. Starting $250 on each one. The thing with any of those junk rings is the buyer needs to be looking for the EXACT size. I may let the pricing ride a few selling cycles before I start lowering it on each of those items. Patience is the key on junk rings. Even if I eventually sell the Triton for ONLY $100 it's STILL great to me!

Attachments

• 20210805_085630_resized.jpg
    20210805_085630_resized.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 487
Update on bracelet sale

Well Tom, since it sold to someone in California I feel it only fair to give you your cut. What's your percentage? ;) BTW - I listed it on Saturday and it sold today as a "Buy it Now" so I may have undersold it a bit. The Triton ring w/ the stones will take some time but I know it'll go somewhere in the $150-$200 range eventually.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-185423_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210810-185423_eBay.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 414
Well Tom, since it sold to someone in California I feel it only fair to give you your cut. What's your percentage? ;) BTW - I listed it on Saturday and it sold today as a "Buy it Now" so I may have undersold it a bit. The Triton ring w/ the stones will take some time but I know it'll go somewhere in the $150-$200 range eventually.

Only people that have to give him a cut are new members... I wouldn't give Tom a quarter if he was begging on the streets... I'd tell him to get a job :lol:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom