???Guam??? anyone hunt there??

wvdave107

Elite Member
Hey all. Just found out I may be going to Guam for work for a couple of weeks in May. Not sure if I'll have much time to detect, but was curious if it's worth packing my ATP. Not 100% that I'll be going, but I'd like to start working on a plan just in case. Any info is appreciated. Thank ya'll in advance and happy hunting....Oh yeh, if ya'll having weather like us here in WV hope you're staying high and dry!!!!

Guam

Hey all. Just found out I may be going to Guam for work for a couple of weeks in May. Not sure if I'll have much time to detect, but was curious if it's worth packing my ATP. Not 100% that I'll be going, but I'd like to start working on a plan just in case. Any info is appreciated. Thank ya'll in advance and happy hunting....Oh yeh, if ya'll having weather like us here in WV hope you're staying high and dry!!!!

Check on it under search bar, I think there were several member there before, as well as some finds posted. Would definatly take my detector , has to be lots of World War II stuff. Also do a little online research on Guam during the war , might give you some good leads.

Just got a new Detector and live on Guam. Let me know when you’re here.

32nd ID was there during WWII. You may look up their Division History during the war to get an idea of where they were at. I know there has to be a few areas you could get to but there are many that would be pretty rough going too! Good luck and success!

Had a stopover there in 82 while traveling from Okinawa to Australia for a joint military training exercise with USAF, Royal Australian Air Force & Royal New Zealand Air Force. No detecting though.

32nd ID was there during WWII. You may look up their Division History during the war to get an idea of where they were at. I know there has to be a few areas you could get to but there are many that would be pretty rough going too! Good luck and success!

? Guam was taken with the 77th ID and the 3rd Marine Division. My uncle was there with HQ Co 3 BN 3rd Marines 3rd Division

? Guam was taken with the 77th ID and the 3rd Marine Division. My uncle was there with HQ Co 3 BN 3rd Marines 3rd Division

You are correct sir and thanks for that. LOL I had a vapor lock it was New Guinea that the 32nd was at including several other islands. Thanks again!

In Guam in 1974 briefly while serving in the USAF but had no clue metal detecting even existed. Just beer and girls ☺

In Guam in 1974 briefly while serving in the USAF but had no clue metal detecting even existed. Just beer and girls ☺

Hey thank you for your service. I been detecting off and on since 1972. More off than on. But since I am retired now it will become a permanent hobby. Never in the service. For 30 years I used to talk to kids about WWII from grade through college. Brought vets with me at times. Again thanks for your service and good hunting!

Back
Top Bottom