New six inch coil.

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Just got my 6" coil for my Nox 800.

Wow that bugger is eensy weensy teeny weeny :lol:

I have not had time to install and play with it :laughing:

but look forward to trying it out this weekend.

:) Happy hunting :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay just the lowdown... bought and used a few times.

It’s a T*I*N*Y @zz coil!!!! :shock:

Patience young padawan! It’s going to be a specialty coil / usage for sure. Used it maybe 3/4 times and keep going to the stock 11” for most of my hunting. Doesn’t seem to help a ton in tot-lots so far, Compadre’s a much easier tot-lot hunter but could be I’m just more used to it, so I keep at it with the Nox.

I think it has its usage and I’m glad I have it. Curb strips and post 11” hunting I think will be it’s speciality!

yeah, I was chuckling when I got mine in the mail. Tiny little bugger. I had a nearby park in mind for it, and it did not disappoint. I've used it a few times last fall in pulltab infested park areas, and plucked lots of coins and things; including a few silvers. I later used it in the woods, around an old foundation once. It worked well in all the tight spaces, even though I didn't find anything good there.
I love having the six inch coil for precision searching, but the stock 11 is still the primary weapon of choice.

I live in the SE with red clay and black mineralized soil.
There is ton of extra iron in my devil dirt that is naturally occurring plus iron from homes and structures that used to stand in areas I mostly hunt so hunting here can be challenging.
The word "Masking" takes on a whole new dimension and meaning if you hunt around here in the city.

I got the 6" coil at the end of last summer, mounted it, and since then it has not left the bottom of my rod.
I immediately started to find coins and targets in areas I specifically targeted because they had been hunted so many times before.
The coil may be tiny but it works to my advantage in an area where moving the coil just the right way can alert you to something great and as little as 1/2" movement the wrong way can miss so much.
A shocking amount of severely masked treasure has surfaced using the small coil.
Would the bigger coils be able to find it all, not sure but my feeling is maybe not or at least not as easily as this coil did it.

Back
Top Bottom