Help ID interesting pocket knife

JimR_TN

Elite Member
I found this pocket knife today. It is a bit unusual as it is very heavy. The grips are made of metal and have a nice patina. But I don't see any marks of any kind.

Is is possible to at least know the era of this pocket knife? Is this type of metallic grip unusual?

Attachments

• metalKnife3.jpg
    metalKnife3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 452
  • metalKnife1.jpg
    metalKnife1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 423
I have looked through vintage hand drawn catalogs looking for knives that I found and what I saw was overwhelming. There are so many thousands of different styles and examples made through the years that it was futile.

That is a bit unusual. The shape reminds me of an old Bartlett pocket knife I used to have. That's all I got.

I have looked through vintage hand drawn catalogs looking for knives that I found and what I saw was overwhelming. There are so many thousands of different styles and examples made through the years that it was futile.

Thanks guys. I just hoped the metal grips were unusual enough to help identify it.

Wow, I found nearly the same knife a few weeks ago (just one side). I didn't find any markings and didn't research it figuring there are too many.

Found mine in a farm field where everything from Colonial coppers to modern clad was found so site can not give a time frame.

Have you actually pulled out the blade?

don't really know why ..but.. reminds me of a straight razor but they are usually Curved a little.

It looks like the main blade is broken. Either way nothing is moving on this knife, quite a bit of rust. The only thing unique is the metal grips which make he knife so heavy.

Back
Top Bottom