Good morning from Santa Fe,NM

marr708

Hi,
I just joined this forum. It looks like a friendly place and a great resource for information.
I live outside the city of Santa Fe on five acres close to the old Santa Fe Trail. My property used to be owned by a "rich lady from Texas" who started an art colony for painters in the 1930's. My neighbor, who just turned 90 years old, told me he worked on her estate as a boy. Anyway, in the years I have lived here, I am always stumbling onto various relics. It seems that in the 1930's and 40's everyone dumped their trash in my arroyo [large dry ditch]. There was no garbage service. On the surface it is covered with broken bottles, rusted cans and debris. I have poked around there a few times, but never used a metal detector. Once, I found a lipstick tube from "Marshall Fields" circa 1930's {I thought it was a civil war bullet, ha} and also unearthed a huge bottle cache after a flood.
So, I have bought a metal detector and figure I'll check out my own property and see what turns up. Who knows?
I am also close to "The battle of Glorieta Battlefield." It was the largest civil war battle in the West. However, I have heard it is mostly on private and National Forest Land.
I will keep you all posted!

Hi,
I just joined this forum. It looks like a friendly place and a great resource for information.
I live outside the city of Santa Fe on five acres close to the old Santa Fe Trail. My property used to be owned by a "rich lady from Texas" who started an art colony for painters in the 1930's. My neighbor, who just turned 90 years old, told me he worked on her estate as a boy....
So, I have bought a metal detector and figure I'll check out my own property and see what turns up. Who knows?
I am also close to "The battle of Glorieta Battlefield." It was the largest civil war battle in the West. However, I have heard it is mostly on private and National Forest Land.
I will keep you all posted!

Well, welcome to the forum and welcome to Santa Fe! I'm also in Santa Fe, living on the outskirts (Northern edges) and am glad to see another New Mexican on here. Yes, please do keep us all posted! This Covid stuff has me itchy as all get out to get out! :D I'll have to wait, I guess.
Sage(Howdy Neighbor!)Grouse

This thread is from June of last year. With only 2 posts, I don't think they hung around long. Just saying....;)

Back
Top Bottom