Favorite wrestler of all time...

Loved a lot of them. Many memories. Rufus R. Jones and his famous head butt stand out.

Loved a lot of them. Many memories. Rufus R. Jones and his famous head butt stand out.

Hey - when I was a kid, I went to a wrestling match where Rufus “Freight Train” Jones was wrestling --and I bought a 45 record of him singing!! Needless to say, it didn’t make the top 100 :lol:

I used to work in professional wrestling, behind the scenes. I have two, both who I worked with.

1. Bruiser Brody - I knew him, but not real well. He is probably my all time favorite wrestler.

2. The Undertaker - Worked with him in pre-Undertaker days when he wrestled under "The Commando" gimmick. I used to ride to matches with him. 10 years after the Untertaker gimmick, he still recognized me and take to me for a few minutes before leaving the arena.

Doug

I'm gonna sit on you

This guy is by far my favorite wrastler.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 394
Hey - when I was a kid, I went to a wrestling match where Rufus “Freight Train” Jones was wrestling --and I bought a 45 record of him singing!! Needless to say, it didn’t make the top 100 :lol:

Really? Interesting, never seen that here in Kansas. Wonder if its the same guy?:grin:

wrestlers

I used to work for a fella named STEVE CASEY a world champion before any mentioned here.Of course i'm older than dirt.He was quite a fellow, he once challenged jack dempsey to a boxing match .He refused. I was a fan of GORGEOUS GEORGE never met him though.

http://scottromerphoto.com/tribute_bruiser.html

Dick The Bruiser and his famous "Stomach Claw"

He was one of my grandpas friends when I was a boy growing up in Indiana and they used to sit around and drink beer together. I remember one time Dick and his wife got into a fight and she bit a huge chunk out of his forearm. You won't read about that in a wrestling magazine...:lol:

Really? Interesting, never seen that here in Kansas. Wonder if its the same guy?:grin:

I think so. This gentleman’s name was Rufus R. Freight-Train Jones. He was an african-american and the match I was at was in the 1970’s and he was wrestling in Elizabeth City, NC..

Back
Top Bottom