WARNING: Click Bait

ollievon

Elite Member
For those of you who may go to Yahoo.com, please do not click on the link for the guy who made an amazing find in the woods with a metal detector, it's click bait.

It's the guy from Green Mountain Metal Detecting and how he found some flat buttons and a copper...big deal. Avoid the link since it will take 6-7 minutes of your life you will never get back.

Go check out his videos if you want to see what the guy does...although I still can't figure out why he wears fingerless gloves...what's the point?

Fingerless gloves: Maybe gives you better grip when feeling for a coin or target? Although I understand it would make your fingers dirty again and could cut them up (defeats the purpose of wearing a glove).

I like his videos. Well done and the terrain is awesome. I saw the Yahoo click bait ad too. the people who produce those sponsored ads are scum.

For those of you who may go to Yahoo.com, please do not click on the link for the guy who made an amazing find in the woods with a metal detector, it's click bait.

It's the guy from Green Mountain Metal Detecting and how he found some flat buttons and a copper...big deal. Avoid the link since it will take 6-7 minutes of your life you will never get back.

Go check out his videos if you want to see what the guy does...although I still can't figure out why he wears fingerless gloves...what's the point?

Didn't see the yahoo link. but the people who run click bait farms are much like they spammers of old. They don't give a darn about anything but making money through their trickery.

I rather suspect the click baiter just highacked Green Mountain Metal detector.s video. I have watch Brad for the past year, I cannot imagine him being a click baiter.

also Brad hunts in a geographical area that is rather remote and specializes in cellar holes so he finds basically the same type of good targets all the time and a little trash like shot gun shell stamps.

The area he hunts is absolutely stunning pristine wilderness. That alone is worth the viewing of his videos.

Didn't see the yahoo link. but the people who run click bait farms are much like they spammers of old. They don't give a darn about anything but making money through their trickery.

I rather suspect the click baiter just highacked Green Mountain Metal detector.s video. I have watch Brad for the past year, I cannot imagine him being a click baiter.

also Brad hunts in a geographical area that is rather remote and specializes in cellar holes so he finds basically the same type of good targets all the time and a little trash like shot gun shell stamps.

The area he hunts is absolutely stunning pristine wilderness. That alone is worth the viewing of his videos.

You bring up an excellent point and I definitely was not dissing Brad, totally not my intention. I'm sure a click bait firm just got hold of his information and put together a montage of clips, I don't think he is behind any of it.

Heck, it's great PR for him for sure, and I do agree his videos are quite good. Of course he also makes me sick watching him casually nailing an 8 Reales and countless coppers and buttons, insane.

I've done it. (Fingerless gloves). I don't any more, but I did.

I wore them for the cushion on my palms for both swinging, and for when I was using the Lesche digger. Initially my palms took a beating. I eventually built enough callouses, that it doesn't matter now.

Skippy

On Yahoo....look for the "Sponsored" tag on about every 4th to 5th story.

Those are "ads" that are based on your browsing history.

Google...Microsoft...Facebook.....all sell your information to those "Sponsored" ads that use cookies to track your browsing. Then the data is sent to them....so that they can show you a relevant ad based on your browsing history.

It does not make sense for them to show an ad on "anything"....so they use your history to create "relevant ads" knowing there is a much greater percentage that you will click on it.

Most of them end up being click-bait type...like this one.

I will assume that this is what happened...as Yahoo has not run a "story" on his channel that I am aware of.

Hey friends, Brad from GMMD checking in! As many called it, the “boredomtherapy” website (without permission) hijacked my counterfeit-8-Reales-find story, turned it into a cancerous ad-laden slideshow and promoted it on Yahoo. While it’s been kinda cool being on the front page of Yahoo for a few days, it’s a bummer they turned one of my favorite finds into such a unreadable clickbait story. I have to agree with the original poster, avoid it, it’s not worth the time navigating the persistent popups.

Side note: I wear fingerless gloves because I can’t stand losing fingertip dexterity while handling coins/relics but my wedding band gives me blisters while shoveling and riding my quad. Also, I use my phone a lot for GPS and requires bare fingers to operate.

Glad to hear some of you enjoy my videos, thanks for the kind words!

Hey friends, Brad from GMMD checking in! As many called it, the “boredomtherapy” website (without permission) hijacked my counterfeit-8-Reales-find story, turned it into a cancerous ad-laden slideshow and promoted it on Yahoo. While it’s been kinda cool being on the front page of Yahoo for a few days, it’s a bummer they turned one of my favorite finds into such a unreadable clickbait story. I have to agree with the original poster, avoid it, it’s not worth the time navigating the persistent popups.

Side note: I wear fingerless gloves because I can’t stand losing fingertip dexterity while handling coins/relics but my wedding band gives me blisters while shoveling and riding my quad. Also, I use my phone a lot for GPS and requires bare fingers to operate.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and be a member of the forum. I enjoy your videos and have no trouble watching them on You Tube. :cool:

Welcome to the forum! Ill have to check your channel out, ill be sure to go straight to YouTube though :cool: Love me some colonial goodies! Good luck up there!

Thanks for stopping in and clearing things up. I think you find cool stuff and I like the way you do it. Keep doing as you do!!

Brad,

Thanks for checking in and I really hope you weren't offended by my post...I well know you weren't behind the click bait (royalites owed here eh???). I get your point about the fingerless gloves, but personally I have reached in far too many holes and nearly had my finger sliced open badly from a shard of broken glass or rusted metal roofing, but hey, each to their own.

Hope you have a good 2019 in VT.

He reminds me of the creepily way over the top guys from films, you fall asleep and next thing you know they are standing over you, wearing a dress with a butcher knife in their hands!!:laughing:

Matt

I enjoy his videos and think they are well done.
Love the music. I admit "coppers" are not my thing but the relics are great.
Beautiful country.

I wear fingerless gloves because I can’t stand losing fingertip dexterity while handling coins/relics but my wedding band gives me blisters while shoveling and riding my quad. Also, I use my phone a lot for GPS and requires bare fingers to operate.

I've found that snug fitting latex or nitrile coated gloves don't give up much dexterity, yet provides OK resistance to cold and good resistance to cuts and scrapes. They're also thin enough I can fit oversized gloves over them between digs when it's particularly cold out. Doesn't solve the phone problem, though.

I've worn fingerless gloves, before. They're cooler (temperature-wise) than full gloves, and they provide a nice bit of protection from your digging tool. I have callouses on the insides of my fingers where the blade edge of my lesche digs in. Sometimes in a 4 hour hunt, those spots will bleed from rubbing against the metal (if I'm not wearing gloves). And that's on the dull side of the tool. Fingerless gloves prevent that.

I am glad Brad posted here. In my opinion he is a straight up guy. Boring? Well he certainly not BOOM!!!! BOOMMM! Ed the Beach hunter. I like Brads style. pretty relaxed and he is even more fun with Eddie. Their humor is way low key.

I think one reason he finds coins and buttons because up in the Green Mountains, not as much trash as we flatlanders find. Not many modern people treking up in those mountains being trashy. I think the people in VT are way more aware of not littering with pop tops, cap foils and wine bottle aluminum caps etc. Probably not much glass or other sharp items in those remote cellar holes. Plus, how many people even go up in those mountains.

Back
Top Bottom