Short vid I did adjusting iron bias Setting on Equinox 800

"They're lying to you". I literally laughed out loud. That was funny TNSS.

Give us a face shot TNSS. I wanna make sure you and Calabash aren't twins.

I am glad you enjoyed.
I to my knowledge don’t have a twin in the world anywhere.

I think I told the truth.

Another vid in the works. When uploaded I’ll post here. Different thread. Involves Deus.
See if you see any likenesses between Nox and Deus.

Thanks Tnss, I run my Nox mostly park 2 recovery 6, iron bias 0. Its a great unmasker and I do dig iron at times but when I get a coin out with it I know I got a great detector!:yes:

Have you guys noticed the depth being severely affected in the field by running the recovery speed high? I've seen some folks saying, and even demonstrating, that higher recovery speeds hurt depth. I've been running iron bias at 0 and recovery speed around 3 but have so little time on the machine that I haven't been able to get on any super deep coins with it yet to see how the recovery speed affects machine response.

I have been able to see in the field how a lower iron bias setting helps pick out good targets amongst the ferrous junk. Although, I was able to pick out the same targets with my Etrac and get a pretty stable ID as well. This was running the Etrac with an open screen from FE 26 on down, 4 tone conductive, deep off, fast off, ground difficult and a small 8x6 SEF coil.

Have you guys noticed the depth being severely affected in the field by running the recovery speed high? I've seen some folks saying, and even demonstrating, that higher recovery speeds hurt depth. I've been running iron bias at 0 and recovery speed around 3 but have so little time on the machine that I haven't been able to get on any super deep coins with it yet to see how the recovery speed affects machine response.

I have been able to see in the field how a lower iron bias setting helps pick out good targets amongst the ferrous junk. Although, I was able to pick out the same targets with my Etrac and get a pretty stable ID as well. This was running the Etrac with an open screen from FE 26 on down, 4 tone conductive, deep off, fast off, ground difficult and a small 8x6 SEF coil.

Speed setting on Nox, how low you can run is dependent on soil mineralization.
You should able to keep up with Etrac and 6x8 coil for depth at speed 5 for sure. Might even be deeper. A catch here though, on lower conductors you can get away with running a lower than ideal speed setting with Nox. On deeper higher conductors speed setting more critical. Also, on say a nickle, Nox will on average ID it better near ferrous vs Etrac. Higher conductor like dime or copper penny near iron, Etrac on average will ID with conductive number more accurate. In medium mineralized soil, you run a speed of 3or 4, you need a real slow sweep. And you might still miss the target. Again lower conductor you have better odds of not missing vs higher conductor.

Gold rings and nickels- all I said about nickel applies to gold rings too.

For gee whiz.
In my soil, medium mineralized, Equinox will ID small gold ring as good at depth as Etrac will ID silver dime with stock coil. In the vicinity of 10” in my soil.

Last edited:
Speed setting on Nox, how high you can run is dependent on soil mineralization.
You should able to keep up with Etrac and 6x8 coil for depth at speed 5 for sure. Might even be deeper. A catch here though, on lower conductors you can get away with running a lower than ideal speed setting with Nox. On deeper higher conductors speed setting more critical. Also, on say a nickle, Nox will on average ID it better near ferrous vs Etrac. Higher conductor like dime or copper penny near iron, Etrac on average will ID with conductive number more accurate. In medium mineralized soil, you run a speed of 3or 4, you need a real slow sweep. And you might still miss the target. Again lower conductor you have better odds of not missing vs higher conductor.

Gold rings and nickels- all I said about nickel applies to gold rings too.

For gee whiz.
In my soil, medium mineralized, Equinox will ID small gold ring as good at depth as Etrac will ID silver dime with stock coil. In the vicinity of 10” in my soil.

Thanks for the feedback and tips. I would like my Nox setup so that I have less chance of missing deep, high conductors. I forgot to mention that I've been running in Park 1, multi freq and ground balancing. My thoughts being based on the manual saying Park 1 processes a lower frequency weighting of the multi frequency signal. It seems as though Park 2 is favored by most though for deep targets. I guess I'll try playing with both modes at my "proving grounds" to see if I can turn up any more good targets.

Thanks for the feedback and tips. I would like my Nox setup so that I have less chance of missing deep, high conductors. I forgot to mention that I've been running in Park 1, multi freq and ground balancing. My thoughts being based on the manual saying Park 1 processes a lower frequency weighting of the multi frequency signal. It seems as though Park 2 is favored by most though for deep targets. I guess I'll try playing with both modes at my "proving grounds" to see if I can turn up any more good targets.

You are welcome.
I edited above. I meant to say how low you can run speed setting is dependent on soil mineralization.

Back
Top Bottom