Whites TDI What can you tell me about it?

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Have an trade offer on a Whites TDI SL but know very little about this machine except it is a pulse unit. I assume no type of descrimination. Are the tones a good indicator of good VS bad targets? I have owned several Whites over the years mainly 6000Di Pros. Any info is appreciated.

Ditto this question... I need info too, Choppadude there are some youtube videos under search words Whites TDI relic hunting or TDI nail rejection.

Have an trade offer on a Whites TDI SL but know very little about this machine except it is a pulse unit. I assume no type of descrimination. Are the tones a good indicator of good VS bad targets? I have owned several Whites over the years mainly 6000Di Pros. Any info is appreciated.

Choppa dude.
I know some about.
Detector does have way to discriminate and find higher conductor in trash with reduced depth.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,119233,119278

It also has two tones one for high conductors one for mid conductors,which does give you the abilty to cherry pick a little bit like a garrett infinium or atx

It all depends on what you are going to use it for... I mainly post in the beach section and my detector of choice is the TDI pro and a TDI beach hunter that I already modded.

If you are looking for depth, with a couple mods few machines can touch it... On the SL you do need a slower swing speed than the TDI Pro.

In a way it is a niche machine, but once you understand what it can do this thing is a monster. Most that have things to say about it, never used it or only used it for a couple hours.

The SL has a smoother threshold compared to the TDI or the TDI Pro... So really the thing is what are you going to use it for and what can you get it for...

Any questions holler...

I have the White's TDI original model, the big box. I use it selectively on salt water beaches when conditions are slightly sanded in and the Excals will not reach a target.

On the Treasure coast depth is everything.

It all depends on what you are going to use it for... I mainly post in the beach section and my detector of choice is the TDI pro and a TDI beach hunter that I already modded.

If you are looking for depth, with a couple mods few machines can touch it... On the SL you do need a slower swing speed than the TDI Pro.

In a way it is a niche machine, but once you understand what it can do this thing is a monster. Most that have things to say about it, never used it or only used it for a couple hours.

The SL has a smoother threshold compared to the TDI or the TDI Pro... So really the thing is what are you going to use it for and what can you get it for...

Any questions holler...

Actually was looking at it to do some relic hunting in the Culpeper Va area

Actually was looking at it to do some relic hunting in the Culpeper Va area

For relic hunting.. deep targets I assume.. I would keep gb off and only dig deeper targets with a strong enough signal to be something large enough worth digging .. might take a while to be able to do that though . Sl is one of the best detectors, if not the best, I've had

Is Culpeper the place with the real hot ground??? If so when the machine was being originally tested that ground had one very interesting anomaly... Will try to find the info about it but may take a couple days. Was from one of the original testers years back...

~SSC

Is Culpeper the place with the real hot ground??? If so when the machine was being originally tested that ground had one very interesting anomaly... Will try to find the info about it but may take a couple days. Was from one of the original testers years back...

~SSC

Thanks. I look forward to see what you find.

Back
Top Bottom