Veterinary Tape

RichieSoprano

There is a kind of self adhesive bandage used for vet procedures like fixing a gauze pad. Will this work acceptably holding a coil cord without a reaction on the coil wire itself? Surely someone has tried it I am thinking. Thanks for any help in advance.
I just finished assembling my new Teknetics Patriot, and i dont want to do anything that could cause issues rather than help. Suggestions are welcome too!

I think this is similar...dont play hockey. It adheses to itself, is slightly sticky/tacky, has a mesh like appearance, is very stretchy, and is removeable.

hockey stick tape is pretty thick fabric. sticky as hell, yet comes off with no residue. just don't lose the end, lol. I use it for abrasion resistance, I wrap the whole machine with it, cause my detector bounces around in my truck a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

I used this stretchy, self adhering tape for my coil cord for a few months with no issues. Worked good, and never came loose. No adhesive residue when I took it off, either.

Attachments

• DSCN0321.jpg
    DSCN0321.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 139
I use 3m vet tape to pad the grip on my detectors. It does deteriorate over time but easily replaced. I tried a different brand and it stuck to everything and collected dirt and sand.

There is a kind of self adhesive bandage used for vet procedures like fixing a gauze pad. Will this work acceptably holding a coil cord without a reaction on the coil wire itself? Surely someone has tried it I am thinking. Thanks for any help in advance.
I just finished assembling my new Teknetics Patriot, and i dont want to do anything that could cause issues rather than help. Suggestions are welcome too!

Yes, vet tape works, and works well! Since I go in for lab tests frequently, I always keep the self-adhesive "vet" tape they use after a blood draw. In fact, I have a small roll of it around here somewhere... and yes it works well.
Sage(The phlebotomist's dream!)Grouse

Back
Top Bottom