Manticore

flphil

Forum Sponsor
Debbie from Minelab will have the Manticore in the shop tomorrow Weds. October 5th at 11:00 Am if your in the Tampa bay area come by and check it out.
HH, Phil

Dannnnnggggg I’m busy as heck but I’d sure like to see one. Hopefully I will soon. You have to love the smell of new stuff 😂

Might be a bit of a hike for me, but I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts on it! I pre-ordered one and can't wait to get my hands on it for the new target identification.

The TT Manticore show was not good. Just a rehash of everything else out there. Brief going over of what it's about. Bottomline is no real life testing because it's not being out yet. Now they say the release should be by the end of the year. I'm going to call it now. This machine will NOT be out until sometime next year. Getting in line , a deposit or paying in full now is simply foolish.

Debbie from Minelab will have the Manticore in the shop tomorrow Weds. October 5th at 11:00 Am if your in the Tampa bay area come by and check it out.
HH, Phil

Did you get any clarification on ship dates to the United States? Availability otherwise?

I seen Dr labcoat has a few video's about how he's not concerned about the manticore cutting his lunch.
He's correct it isn't waterproof enough to dive with at a 5m rating, but the rest is hoodoovoodoo about it's package not being as good.
I bet the manticore is going to hit deeper than the D2 on many items, because minelab would have been watching the legend and the D2 eat into their sales and will answer back.

I'm in if they ever have a BOGO sale - Oops nevermind, wrong topic

I'm curious to see how it performs on the beach. If it gets better depth than the Nox, especially, on gold chains, I'll probably get one. :yes:

Right now like Deb said …. It’s a prototype. Last time it took awhile to finish testing and a lot of adjustments were made in the last 6 months. This won’t be any different. The legend, Deus and Nox have been out and I’m betting, no I know, some of their tester are testing it against these machines. It’s pricy this time around…. So people are cautious about it’s waterproofing. Now ya just have to decide will the sensitivity or depth be worth the extra money.

Missed the live stream. It did answer one of my questions. Concerning the ability to run off and or charge from a power bank. It will. Another question I have, I see it has iron volume but I did not notice if you can set tone pitch and volume for each of the 5 regions in 5 tone like on the Equinox. Also I noticed Jeff addressing the question of leaking at the charging port but did get much of a response. If they don't make one yet, why not simply make a magnetic cap with seal to protect the port when not in use ? Just my thoughts.

My guess about that cap would be…. It’s done while charging. The heat creates cracks in the plastic. Lith get hot especially if you don’t remove them when they are charged and just leave um on the charger. I say put one on a charger for a couple of months and then in the pool for a week.

I’m not sure how much gold he’s finding so no it might not cut into his lunch. Others it might. It’s a wait and see …. As usual.

The TT Manticore show was not good. Just a rehash of everything else out there. Brief going over of what it's about. Bottomline is no real life testing because it's not being out yet. Now they say the release should be by the end of the year. I'm going to call it now. This machine will NOT be out until sometime next year. Getting in line , a deposit or paying in full now is simply foolish.

I’ll take the other side of that bet. Spend those worthless fiat bucks now before it takes a whole lot more of them to buy this machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll take the other side of that bet. Spend those worthless fiat bucks now before it takes a whole lot more of them to buy this machine.

Nah. Not gonna happen when the US dollar is so strong. Appears the more we print , the more valuable it gets ! Besides , it something weird happens then they would just refund your $. Then come back and charge you accordingly. 🤣

Virtually all countries today use fiat currencies in their monetary system. The US uses the dollar, the EU uses the Euro and so on. What gives a fiat currency its value is the strength of its economy, relative to other fiat currencies.

A little understood, but significant problem, with using a hard currency, such as gold, is that its scarcity in nature leads to either a spiral of value depreciation as the country's economy growths, or economic stagnation. As the amount of gold is relatively fixed, as a nation produces more goods and services, their value, in gold, must decrease as there isn't enough gold to go around and pay for all the goods and services. The alternative, of course, is to stop producing more, which would lead to economic stagnation and unemployment.

I for one think that fiat currency is a much better alternative.

Last edited:
Manicore ?

Problem is with all the VLF machines we have , adding more to the tool box , would be in question , seams like a race to produce more , tinkling with bells & whistles , while others just want a nice water proof PI to hit the market , I myself own a lot of Minelabs , great machines , having a Equinox 800, CTX3030, two Etracs prior , all the Excaliburs down to the Sword model , Whites closing / sold my DF Pi . , the AQ from Fisher that went- belly up :roll: , Id like manufacturers to start listening to the customer for a change , another thing is everythings top secret , here on -- machines in the works from ML , We are- IN THE DARK , would like to know whats coming , as us the customer , keep spending on more VLFs , Its time for a change , to the entire detector line up , we all should demand to know whats coming down the line , instead of leaving customers in the dark , technology should not be leaked , but whats coming should , here , I am in a freeze buying mode , Ill let all the rest , buy & test the machines , good side new technology , bad side old technology just tweaked bells & whistles for sales profit :( Question with the Manicore , is this another vlf , with another twist , or new technology , and Is this a Etrac replacement , and were does this machine fall in MLs tool box , between the Equinox & the CTX3030 , because I have both , why a 3rd :?::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: Were is my waterproof Pi with gold technology , for salt beach / water hunting Minelab :?:

Problem is with all the VLF machines we have , adding more to the tool box , would be in question , seams like a race to produce more , tinkling with bells & whistles , while others just want a nice water proof PI to hit the market , I myself own a lot of Minelabs , great machines , having a Equinox 800, CTX3030, two Etracs prior , all the Excaliburs down to the Sword model , Whites closing / sold my DF Pi . , the AQ from Fisher that went- belly up :roll: , Id like manufacturers to start listening to the customer for a change , another thing is everythings top secret , here on -- machines in the works from ML , We are- IN THE DARK , would like to know whats coming , as us the customer , keep spending on more VLFs , Its time for a change , to the entire detector line up , we all should demand to know whats coming down the line , instead of leaving customers in the dark , technology should not be leaked , but whats coming should , here , I am in a freeze buying mode , Ill let all the rest , buy & test the machines , good side new technology , bad side old technology just tweaked bells & whistles for sales profit :( Question with the Manicore , is this another vlf , with another twist , or new technology , and Is this a Etrac replacement , and were does this machine fall in MLs tool box , between the Equinox & the CTX3030 , because I have both , why a 3rd :?::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: Were is my waterproof Pi with gold technology , for salt beach / water hunting Minelab :?:

You sure are persistent. But Nokta has said a few times they are working on a new PI. Probably won't be released until 2024 is my guess. You should contact Dilek for more answers.

Back
Top Bottom