a sterling ring, a sterling WW2 pilot bracelet, and some wheats and a no date buff

Hook

Elite Member
hit a curb area in a big median/island between 4 lanes on a fairly old road here in town this am. across the street is the oldest school site in town. the first school burned, and the current one was built in the 1930's, and has grown a few times since.

i've found a lot of clad in the schoolyard in the past, and a couple of silver rings also. but i was real surprised when my first 2 signals were almost surface wheats. the ground was washed out next to the curb under a couple of big oaks. after a 12 penny spill,(all copper mems), i hit the no date buff at 1/4 inch :shock:

after over an hour of digging trash, i hit a dime signal real shallow,and used my screwdriver to pop it out. first thing i see is the end of the chain, so i was pretty careful getting the rest of the bracelet out. the back of the bracelet, and the small ring ( last target of that hunt), is also marked sterling. but i have my doubts about that one. it looks plated to me . its a heart ring, but the heart on top is pretty bent up. no pic of the 5 wheats i ended up with, as they are all in the early 50's, and we all know what they look like :lol:

edit:: the wings on the bracelet look like gold to me. but no markings anywhere i can find to back that up. but the back of the bracelet says LGB right above the sterling engraving. so does anyone know anything about these pilot wings? or do i need to have them checked out?

thanks for looking and HH!!

Attachments

• ww2 pilot bracelet.jpg
    ww2 pilot bracelet.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,024
  • buff w ring.jpg
    buff w ring.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 770
It if says sterling on the back then you can bet it is sterling. These are probably pretty old because they don't use the word sterling much anymore usually if it is sterling it will be marked .925.

Wow! Nice work, congrats on that old silver, very cool!

Thanks for the pictures!

<*)))>{

Your bracelet showed a US Navy naval aviation pilot's wing on it. It showed a anchor behind US shield. Thats mean that is that of US Navy sweetheart bracelet. LGB is insignia manfacturer who made this nice sterling silver US Navy sweetheart bracelet. Hope this info help you!

Your bracelet showed a US Navy naval aviation pilot's wing on it. It showed a anchor behind US shield. Thats mean that is that of US Navy sweetheart bracelet. LGB is insignia manfacturer who made this nice sterling silver US Navy sweetheart bracelet. Hope this info help you!

yeppers it helps a lot! thanks for the info. guess i found a goodun :lol: now i gotta see if the wings are gold. i'm betting yes, due to the rope on the bottom having some wear on it, and the color stays the same as the part not worn down.

thanks everyone!

Fabulous piece of history. Can you imagine if that bracelet could tell its story. Very nice hunt, Congrats on the Silvers and the dateless Tatonka. Jack

Great finds Hook! I don't know how I missed this thread but it slipped by me.:yes: That bracelet is very cool and looks pretty beefy. Don't count out that silver ring just yet, some barber dimes I've found have a black coating very similar to that ring. I'm hoping the eagle is gold. Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom