• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Three Buck day

ColoradoMike

I started out this morning to hunt a ball field but turns out there was some nine-gazillion people on it when I got there. Not sure what the heck they had going. I decided not to waste my MD opportunity so I went to one of the town parks for a short hunt instead.

I got a little lucky. Found 5 quarters, 3 One Dollar coins (two Bens, and one Sacagawea) , and some clad. Also found a Sterling silver marguisite ring.

Maybe I can get into that ball field in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 247
I like the dollar coins,seems they’re being used more in currency lately.No need to tumble any of that,all looks great.congrats on the haul

Cool! You found a little place that is holding dollar coins! Keep checking back there for a while..there seems to be a situation with those...I've noticed that hunting a lot of totters...certain ones that hold dollar coins are likely to get some more of them fresh drops throughout the year... certainly better than nothing or pennies! :laughing:

dollar coins for perfect attandance

I know elementary schools give them out in Utah for perfect attendance. I found many on the school playgrounds. Kids get then lose.

Nice bunch of clad.
That is a great idea , teaches the kids about coins ,a great reward. Just think if all schools did this , the play grounds would be replenished in no time.

the ball field turned out to be a bust. Only found abut 1.75 in clad. whatever the event was, no one had any money or jewelry to loose : (

In the spring you're going to run into crowds at a ballfield and in the early fall you'll have crowds at a soccer field. Not much you can do except come back at another time and hope you get lucky.

Back
Top Bottom