Minelab X-tera 705 new to detecting in Oregon

Welcome from Florida. Go check the Oregon Trail. Historic searches are interesting.
Thanks for the welcome and I'll look up the Oregon Trail . I'd like to go to eastern OR and have a look

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Congrats on the 705,and welcome from Pennsylvania..that’s one great machine..One thing I’d like to mention,and this is just my experience.When you use ID normalization a + symbol will be at the top of the screen when activated..it always seemed to make me good signals sound choppy, and the visual ID numbers wrong.
Thanks woodbutcher. I'll have to study up on your suggestion, still do new to it.

Other side of Oregon

Welcome to the forum and to the hobby! You are in great area to chase both gold and coins as the history of your area is vast. I would encourage you to try and establish some hunting partners to build some relationships with and learn the machine with. That has been super beneficial to me.

Have fun and enjoy the experiences you'll have!

705 is a solid machine! Be sure to ground balance every time you go out, it truly makes a difference. Save your pennies and get the NEL 3-frequency DD coil for that machine, you'll get the most of that machine with one amazing coil - not to mention it's a coin vacuum!

705 is a solid machine! Be sure to ground balance every time you go out, it truly makes a difference. Save your pennies and get the NEL 3-frequency DD coil for that machine, you'll get the most of that machine with one amazing coil - not to mention it's a coin vacuum!
Thanks for the heads up on that coil and I like the term coin vacuum. Guess I better go clean some parks...

Welcome to the forum and to the hobby! You are in great area to chase both gold and coins as the history of your area is vast. I would encourage you to try and establish some hunting partners to build some relationships with and learn the machine with. That has been super beneficial to me.

Have fun and enjoy the experiences you'll have!
Thank you Big Bear. Once I realized just how target rich this area is I got pretty excited about all the possibilities. I'm going to join the local detecting club and get to know some peeps to go hunting with.

Back
Top Bottom