gold coin?

toyboy

I think it's a US coin but may have been altered into a charm.has a loop for a necklace and GRACE 1883 on the back

Attachments

• 20190106_110845-1.jpg
    20190106_110845-1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 998
  • 20190106_110858-1.jpg
    20190106_110858-1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 945
It's very small a little smaller than a 1945 newfoundland 5 cent piece.
My dad passed away and we're clearing things out.it was my mom's so probably her mother or more probably grandmother.

Looks like they really worked hard to transform that 1853 to 1883! They did a great job IMO. That thing is awesome!!!

thanks to all and especially for the Condolences.i'll measure it to find the exact size
and let you all know.i've got some cool old lockets(the ones with pictures that go inside)
i haven't tested them but am pretty sure they're gold.one large locket and one tiny one.
also i believe a gold watch from my grandfather(could be gold--they usually gave them out)
it was given to him for 45 years service on the railroad.
if there is some curiosity on the lockets or watch let me know and i'll take some pics.

thanks to all and especially for the Condolences.i'll measure it to find the exact size
and let you all know.i've got some cool old lockets(the ones with pictures that go inside)
i haven't tested them but am pretty sure they're gold.one large locket and one tiny one.
also i believe a gold watch from my grandfather(could be gold--they usually gave them out)
it was given to him for 45 years service on the railroad.
if there is some curiosity on the lockets or watch let me know and i'll take some pics.

We like shiny stuff! đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Wow killer find. Definitely better than a gold coin in my book. Dang he must have loved her a lot, that was big money then!

Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom