Detectorists of the deep south

kamogawa

I recently moved to southwestern Alabama. Are there any firsthand bad experiences of that you have ever encountered in the lower south? Fire ants, scorpions, snakes, gators, spiders, ticks?

I recently moved to southwestern Alabama. Are there any firsthand bad experiences of that you have ever encountered in the lower south? Fire ants, scorpions, snakes, gators, spiders, ticks?

We use to take our boat through the intercostal waterways, and those boys down south would shoot at our yachts/house boats.

Ever seen the movie Deliverance? SQUEEL LIKE A PIG!

We use to take our boat through the intercostal waterways, and those boys down south would shoot at our yachts/house boats.

Ever seen the movie Deliverance? SQUEEL LIKE A PIG![/QUOTE

Prior to that it would have been musket fire and flint arrows!

Unsettling nonetheless. Shew!

it's been said that in some areas of the "Deep South" there are those who are still fighting the civil war. the north never won...just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

it's been said that in some areas of the "Deep South" there are those who are still fighting the civil war. the north never won...just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

It is referred to as " The War of Northern Aggression " by some folks.
Something I hadn't known until a few years ago .Something that should have been said in my High School History class long ago . It would have given a better insight into the feelings of that time and the present .

Also 'Southern Comfort', good flick.

All of the above, plus Tornadoes, extreme heat/humidity, mosquitoes and other annoying critters.

I don’t really see much matching the negative Southern stereotypes in my hometown. I’m sure there’s a few out there, but not as common as some might have you believe.

war of northern aggression

Something I hadn't known until a few years ago .Something that should have been said in my High School History class long ago . It would have given a better insight into the feelings of that time and the present .

If you ever watched the Beverly hillbillies ,Granny always referred to it as the war of northern aggression / https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...2ED20D9A79CFE88B76A22ED&view=detail&FORM=VIRE video clip

fire ants

Spent a lot of time down in northern Florida last couple oy years and had a lot of run ins with fire ants . Was not familiar with them living in Missouri.

No run-ins with scorpions and gator encounters aren't that common for me, but the rest, yes, on nearly a weekly basis. I love it here.

I've also heard it called the "War to Prevent Southern Independence". South Carolina has gators. Doubtless they also have snakes, spiders and ticks. Don't know if they have chiggers. Missouri doesn't have any gators unless FL is in Columbia for a SEC game. They do have snakes, spiders, ticks and chiggers. No lions and tigers but some bears. Oh my!

Would I get any bonus points if I take a picture of a couple of my MD's in my airplane? :). I'll let ya pick... want it from my 2 seater, or 4 seater?
How about for once in your life , try telling the truth. Ya know , come clean. Show us the pic of your 74' white pinto station wagon with the faux wood panels and be done with it. That will get you street cred here....

We do have our fair share of fire ants but I had learned to be very alert and watch that I don't step on any mounds. I have been bit just a very few times by a fire ant, it stings but just wash the area off good. (but like bee stings, a few people might be highly allergic to fire ant stings and need to be extra careful)

I did get bit by a tick many years ago doing yard work around trees, but caught it quick and immediately got on antibiotics which made it a milder case of Lyme than what it might had been, the antibiotics messed up the good bacteria in my digestive system and I had to take strong probiotics to get that back to normal.

ants animated.gif

How about for once in your life , try telling the truth. Ya know , come clean. Show us the pic of your 74' white pinto station wagon with the faux wood panels and be done with it. That will get you street cred here....

If you ever want to come to Pittsburgh PA, and wager my detector for yours and vice versa. If I don't have a plane in my name( fully functional with fresh Annual), I'll put my detector in your car, if I have a plane in my name, you can put yours in my plane! Offers good for anyone who wants to come give me their detector :) Must be something of $1000 value or more. You can pick whatever detector you want of mine, heck.. I'll give you my CTX and Deus2.

Money talks... BS walks..

Next......

If you ever want to come to Pittsburgh PA, and wager my detector for yours and vice versa. If I don't have a plane in my name( fully functional with fresh Annual), I'll put my detector in your car, if I have a plane in my name, you can put yours in my plane! Offers good for anyone who wants to come give me their detector :) Must be something of $1000 value or more. You can pick whatever detector you want of mine, heck.. I'll give you my CTX and Deus2.

Money talks... BS walks..

Next......

Would you be willing to give that person your name , address , phone number ( maybe even a picture of your drivers license ) and a photo of your latest utility bill with an address ?

Back
Top Bottom