• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Went to the 2nd townsite for a Barber-Q, and a badge showed up

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Met up with another hunting buddy today at the 2nd townsite to hunt more of the area where I found the 1899 V nickel. The first good find was a 5 cent trade token which was nice surprise since tokens have been rare at this townsite than the other one. My second find was the "United States Fuel Administration" badge. I have to say that this is the first real badge that I ever found, and the pin is intact!

IMG_20220604_140211224 (2).jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Fuel_Administration

Didnt realize that they initiated daylight savings. The next finds were the two valve stem caps that were within about 10' of each other, and the button. Then I got an odd high tone. It started out as a 32-35 on the 800, and when I swung at it from a different angle it dropped to a 22-25. When I flipped the plug out and pinpointed, I saw the shiny glint and thought dang, another chunk of aluminum, but when I cleaned it up a bit I saw that it was a nice 1907D Barber quarter! :shock:

IMG_20220604_142626541_HDR (2).jpg

IMG_20220604_161832307 (2).jpg

IMG_20220604_161845292 (2).jpg

IMG_20220604_174247263 (3).jpg

I have to admit though that the badge is one of the best relics I have ever dug!

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Good show. And the badge will make for a nice conversation piece in a shadow box.

That is some good old stuff. The badge is way cool and the Barber quarter is a beauty! Way to bring the good stuff back to the light!

I'm with you, the badge is very cool. Wonder who wore it. Nice silver too.

Thank you! Check out the link. It appears the US was worried about coal production before oil and natural gas became the standard.

Congrats on the quarter đź‘Ť

Thank you!

Good show. And the badge will make for a nice conversation piece in a shadow box.

Thanks Tom!

I love that badge. And the Barber is in great shape - congrats on the finds!

Thanks suncat!

That is some good old stuff. The badge is way cool and the Barber quarter is a beauty! Way to bring the good stuff back to the light!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom