A Fathers Day present

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
This actually came Memorial Day weekend and have been meaning to share. An old hardware store display case. My son sent me a few pics the week before and ask if I would like to have it for a Fathers Days present. At first I said no, I'm trying to get rid of stuff, not add more. He said it would be a great display case for my finds. After a bourbon or two, looking at the pics I thought how cool, definitely an antique. I text him and say, how much does the guy want, and says dad why don't you just admit you love it. I did, I do. Its freakin huge, since the pic I moved it inside and it takes up most of my dining room. Came from Indiana Pa. Jimmy Stewarts family had a hardware store there back in the day so maybe it came from there. Ha ha. I always try to imagine the back story of most old things. Anyway now I need to fill it and will post pics when I get it set up. Happy Fathers Day to all dads. Mark

Attachments

• redo195.jpg
    redo195.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 118
Mark, the case has a real nice vintage look to it! I am sure you will fill it up with great treasure in no time. But, I have to say, about what you stated in your thread about getting rid of stuff...I'm at that point too!! lol. The less things I have the the better.
lol. But again, that is just me too.

But in your "case" (no pun intended) I think you and your son can now share wonderful memories of the display case, its existence and what it holds that will last a life time. And probably the best part of the whole thing, that is...that your son was thinking about YOU.

What a thoughtful gift! You'll enjoy stocking it with your finds for display. :thumbsup:

Mark, the case has a real nice vintage look to it! I am sure you will fill it up with great treasure in no time. But, I have to say, about what you stated in your thread about getting rid of stuff...I'm at that point too!! lol. The less things I have the the better.
lol. But again, that is just me too.

But in your "case" (no pun intended) I think you and your son can now share wonderful memories of the display case, its existence and what it holds that will last a life time. And probably the best part of the whole thing, that is...that your son was thinking about YOU.

Thank you for the kind words John. My son is a very thoughtful kid and puts alot of effort into gifts for people. My daughter as well. I have been blessed with two well adjusted, successful kids. And I've either given away or pitched more stuff this year than ever before and I'm not done. My parents were raised in the great depression and they saved everything and I inherited that mindset. Time for change. Good luck. Mark

What a thoughtful gift! You'll enjoy stocking it with your finds for display. :thumbsup:

Thank you Princess, its a big case but I will try and fill it. Mark

Very cool Mark , a great gift !

SS thank you sir. Good luck to you. Mark

You have a very thoughtful son! Royal Congrats for a great Father’s Day gift!:D

Thank you KT. I do have 2 great kids. Take care. Mark

Thank you for the kind words John. My son is a very thoughtful kid and puts alot of effort into gifts for people. My daughter as well. I have been blessed with two well adjusted, successful kids. And I've either given away or pitched more stuff this year than ever before and I'm not done. My parents were raised in the great depression and they saved everything and I inherited that mindset. Time for change. Good luck. Mark

Mark, I know what you mean...I came from the same mindset parents too. And each day I think and try to part out more the stuff/junk so when it is my turn my children won't have to do it for me. Take care and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom