• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Chain cent

Digger70pa

Forum Supporter
Went back to my favorite old coin spot with Beastdigs today. Ground was kind of dry & we weren't getting any depth. So I kept at it & found a couple of keepers. One was a large cent, So we stopped on the way home to get a drink & I washed the cent off. Well it is a Chain Cent, my first one. You can make out the chain on the reverse but the obverse is gone:no:. It wasn't deep only 4". Every time I go to this spot it gives up a copper of some sort. It will be a long time until I find another one like this. I was using my T2se with the 15"/12" SEF coil today. HH TIM

Attachments

• Chain Cent 10-14-2012 LORDS 003.jpg
    Chain Cent 10-14-2012 LORDS 003.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,294
  • 1793 Chain Cent 10-14-2012 Lords 002.jpg
    1793 Chain Cent 10-14-2012 Lords 002.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,270
  • 1793 Chain Cent 10-14-2012 Lords 004.jpg
    1793 Chain Cent 10-14-2012 Lords 004.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,329
  • 1793 Chain Cent 10-14-2012 Lords 007.jpg
    1793 Chain Cent 10-14-2012 Lords 007.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,259
  • 1793 Chain Cent 10-14-2012 Lords 009.jpg
    1793 Chain Cent 10-14-2012 Lords 009.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,283
Last edited:
congrats........thats a sweet find and one on my "wish" list

That's a flowing hair 1793 chain cent I do believe! Very valuable and collectible , great finds,!

nice job...i want one in my collection just dont see me finding one so might need to buy one!

Wow, you would think you would be a little more excited to dig up one of the "Holy Grail"'s of metal detecting. That is one extremely rare coin and even in that condition it should fetch a pretty penny. This should be in the mind blowing section. That is only the third one I know of ever dug. Huge congrats and GET MORE EXCITED for a find like that!!!

That is awesome. the first coins minted for the US that is amazing and only 4" down that could be why it is so toasted but who knows congrats on finding that awesome one in only about 2,000 possilbe surviving chains cents

Firstly, nice find on the chain cent! Secondly, does that buckle work? Haha... you know... I wonder if anyone found a nice colonial buckle and made a new belt out of it :lol:

Wow, you would think you would be a little more excited to dig up one of the "Holy Grail"'s of metal detecting. That is one extremely rare coin and even in that condition it should fetch a pretty penny. This should be in the mind blowing section. That is only the third one I know of ever dug. Huge congrats and GET MORE EXCITED for a find like that!!!

Agreed and seconded.

Ok buddy it really hasn't sunk in how rare it is. I'm pumped about it. I will start a thread in mind blowing finds. Thanks HH TIM

awomse find timmy, wonder if i went over it that day? welcome to the chain gang now we got two PA diggers that found chain cents and not far from each other too. awsome find timmy wonder what type you have

Back
Top Bottom