I usually find nothing in the Coinstar.......

GKL

Forum Supporter
.....but I still check since it's right near the store exit and today it surprised me with $5.18 !
(can't understand how people miss it but had no way to tell who left it)
20201110_Coinstar.jpg

Same here. TWO silver Rosies in a few years of checking at a local grocery store, and one huge clad find ($15+) is about all I've ever pulled out of the reject slot...

Two days ago I spotted a pile of coins. I grabbed without even looking. Had to be something,right? It was 25 pennies and to make things worse, it had to be a fellow swinger. I could tell by the condition !

Fort Knox....

Basic training, 1971.

It was back in the day of payphones.

There was a loooong row of phones set up for trainees to phone home.
Drill sergeants would often come through holding a cup of coffee in one hand and check the coin returns.

Never saw them find something but they must have from time to time.

Basic training, 1971.

Drill sergeants would often come through holding a cup of coffee in one hand and check the coin returns.

Reminds me of being a kid. I used to go around and stuff a piece of paper up in the coin return. Go back the next day and clean up !

That's brilliant. As a habitual pay phone digger I could kick myself for never thinking to look in one of those contraptions.

Same here. TWO silver Rosies in a few years of checking at a local grocery store, and one huge clad find ($15+) is about all I've ever pulled out of the reject slot...

nice haul

Two days ago I spotted a pile of coins. I grabbed without even looking. Had to be something,right? It was 25 pennies and to make things worse, it had to be a fellow swinger. I could tell by the condition !

Big score :gettinmoney:

Basic training, 1971.

Reminds me of being a kid. I used to go around and stuff a piece of paper up in the coin return. Go back the next day and clean up !

That's brilliant. As a habitual pay phone digger I could kick myself for never thinking to look in one of those contraptions.

Nice score Gary, it really does pay to check!

nice grab Gary......

yep 3.19 wal mart 2.27 safeway maybe coinstar season?

Thanks everyone !!!!

I think I remember as a kid checking the coin return tray of pay phones, and soda machines, and candy machines :lol:

Hey, back then you could buy a candy bar for a nickel or a bottle of soda for 10 cents !

As a kid you felt like.......
coin-shower-smiley-emoticon.gif
(I guess we still feel like kids now too :lol:)

Nice haul! You were in the right place at the right time.:gettinmoney:
Speaking about Phone booths .... ( Ha ha what are those?)
Back in the Late 70's on my daily paper route,
I would check a phone booth everyday on the corner of a main street business district, one day I got a buffalo nickel !

coinstarX2.jpgFor this whole year have found nothing in coinstar machines. I guess due to the coin shortage. Even found a store with 2 coinstar machines side by side. whoa, must have been a high volume of people cashing in coins. Still no coins in the return slots at that one this year. Good catch GKL!!!!!!

(not sure why image is on its side, was correct on my PC)

View attachment 474818For this whole year have found nothing in coinstar machines. I guess due to the coin shortage. Even found a store with 2 coinstar machines side by side. whoa, must have been a high volume of people cashing in coins. Still no coins in the return slots at that one this year. Good catch GKL!!!!!!

(not sure why image is on its side, was correct on my PC)
Sideways? Just have to hold your phone horizontally when taking the pic.

I think that as the Holiday season approaches, and gift buying gets going,
You start seeing and finding more coins in those machines.
So check them often,
I'll be like a "COIN-STAR VULTURE"
waiting on the end-cap isle looking around the corner,
for that guy to finish emptying his tupper-ware full of coins to walk away.
like those vultures do, along the highway swooping in for a bite of road kill...between the passing flow of traffic.
Get me some mmm easy coins, maybe a few silvers, or wheaties too !!
:D:D

Back
Top Bottom