Corpus Christi beaches

djkermode

I am kind of new to the Corpus Christi area and wondering what beaches that I would be allowed to metal detect or places I should not dig. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks in advance. DjKermode

You can metal detect from the water line to the bottom sand dunes when I MD'ing at the beach a few years ago. Do Not go into the sand dunes at all, in less you want a ticket, fine or :jail: time. Make sure you do not go into and wild life reserves or anything like that too.

Where I use to MD at, the sand dunes are hiding a lot of good stuff. That's why you can't MD their. :(

...the sand dunes are hiding a lot of good stuff. That's why you can't MD their. :(

No, I don't think it has anything to do with "metal detectors" or "goodies", per se. It has to do with wildlife and fragile plant-life. Ie.: the grass and iceplant, etc....

Here in CA the nature-wackos make a big deal out of "restoring dune vegetation" and put ribbon barriers up, etc.... Also there's Snowy plover birds that nest there, etc... Thus nothing to do with md'ing. We are no more dis-allowed from there, than anyone else. I'm guessing it's the same for Corpus Christi and elsewhere.

The only reason that it probably gets HARPED at for md'ing (if you walk in asking rangers about detecting) is that md'rs are the only ones who ever walk in asking about where they can and can't step. The average joe blow going for a walk on the beach, doesn't walk into ranger stations asking where he can step. If he did, he too would be told not to walk in the dunes (shame on him for not asking, haha)

I talked to a local person here jax fl and that they said when a hurricane came it took out part of the sand dunes. They were finding all kinds of stuff from the 1700 to 1800.

Back
Top Bottom