Garret Carrot confusion

Rbrackett

I wont approach the old question on what's the best pinpointer...that's an open arguement, rightfully so.

I intend to buy a Garret pinpointer, bottom line.
But, Garret has several models available.
I'm only assuming that they all have similar abilities and price is dependent on added trinkets to make higher models desirable.
What is the most reasonable Garret to buy.
BTW, cost isnt a concern.

The Propointer AT unless you have the Garrett ZLynk headphones. Then you want the AT ZLynk pointer. The Propointer II is just the updated version of the original one.

Cliff

That's the kinda info I want. I'm not looking for headphones. I dig alone.
Waiting for more input guys...

I totally understand how kHz frequency affects detector performamce. What's the best range for pinpionters? The AT is a 11.5kHz machine.

That's a question I can't answer. I have one of the original black ones and one of each of the orange ones. I like the orange ones better.

Cliff

The PP2 is easier to operate...one quick press on, one quick press off. The AT is a bit more than that but is a better unit,IMHO. It detects coins a bit further away and of course, it’s completely waterproof so cleaning it is no concern. My AT is about baked after 3 solid years of use/abuse and hundreds of hours of hunting and thousands of On/Off cycles. It has treated me way better than I’ve treated it...my next will be another orange one.

Got it.
Just bought the Pro Pointer AT.
Looking forward to digging smaller holes...lol.

This guy...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190616-205821_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190616-205821_Samsung Internet.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 448
BTW, I'm in middle Tennessee. Live in a 1900 farmhouse on 2 acres.
This little home has been remodeled numerous times, has millions of nails and yard salad. Have dug a gazillion holes and found little. Found my first IHC near my front door.
It's only a matter of time!

Carrot AT for sure. I've tried most of them out there including the White's TRX, Minelab Profind, Garret Propointer black and orange, Fisher, as well as a few other less known ones. Carrot AT is the best by a mile. Still baffles me that Minelab can make the best top of the line detectors on the market and even has the military using their products but they cant seem to get a simple pinpointer nailed. The Pro-Find is decent but just the little things kill it like being more noisey and having to push the button on the ground to balance it all the time, the tones it makes are not as pleasant to the ear, the whole iron identify gimmick seemed great until you find out it's only reliably going to tell you it's iron when you're on top of the target and will see it with your eyes anyway. Got two Carrot AT's now, one backup for the 3 year old original but the backup is still in the box because the original is still going perfect. When you do get it I would recommend getting a tall can of Plasti-dip and dip the barrel of the pointer in it up to the light, let it dry a few mins and do that for 3 coats. I dipped mine 3 years ago and its still never worn through and when you cut the rubber off later your pointer will look like brand new.

Back
Top Bottom