• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Tried somthing different

Nice work, Woodbutcher! Last year, I went on a serious gold quest binge; bringing home huge piles of junk targets, but also every coin I came across, especially pennies. I concentrated mostly on sports field sidelines, but ended up finding my first gold ring on a school football field. It rang up like a zinc penny, but I know many gold items are reported as giving lower tone signals. SO keep up the good work, and remember: Location is an important factor.

I have recently decided to start digging more in the "junk" range. I found a small women's silver rings that rang in the crusty zinc range that I normally wouldn't have dug. I have also started digging WAY more toasted zinc pennies (which get tossed in the trash) this way.

To me it depends on my mood. Right now it is HOT and I don't want to dig as much junk, so I am using more mental discrimination.

I have yet to dig a target in the foil range that wasn't just a flattened ball of foil or tiny fragment of an aluminum can, but I am digging soccer fields and ball fields mostly.

Both of the targets below range in as crusty zinc pennies on the Makro Kruzer. The men's wedding band is one of the heavy "gunmetal" type rings and the women's ring is stamped .925.

Attachments

• rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 47
I wrote a few years back about a lot that I called the land of a million targets. I found numerous rings there (no gold) and modern change. Every time I hit this lot I would dig 50 low tones and then move on to coin signals. The property changed hands and I have not hunted it in about 8 years. I know there is gold on that property!!!

I thought about doing that a few times. Fortunately I came to my senses before it got beyond the thought process. I do however dig alot of mid tones providing it's not a very trashy site.

Back
Top Bottom