Junk jewelry

langsy

What do you do with all the junk jewelry? Keep it, throw it away, sell it
, tell me what you do

If it's not too burnt my kids make new jewelry out of it. If it's burnt but interesting I have a small box for it. Everything else goes to the trash.

How "junk" are we talking about? A nice stainless or tungsten band is junk but has some value. If its toasted off to the trash. If it has some kind of stone I'll pull it out 1st and save it.

I take the more unique, but entirely worthless, pieces and turn them back loose into the wild, right in my most usual lanes.. If I find it again, it tells me something, if I never see them again, it tells me something..

:lol:

<°)))>{

I take the more unique, but entirely worthless, pieces and turn them back loose into the wild, right in my most usual lanes.. If I find it again, it tells me something, if I never see them again, it tells me something..

<°)))>{

Never thought of that good idea

The nicer junk gets sold at yard sales and the real junk goes in a little bucket or thrown away depending upon the rustiness.

I keep them all. My thought is that every piece of jewelry I find at one time or another someone decided to spend their hard earned money on it, so it's valuable in that respect.

I used to practice "the Art of the Untied Way" or "The Secret Blessing".
I would go to thrift shops and buy bags of broken or unsold costume jewelry, looking for silver or gold. All the pieces I didn't want went into a box. Whenever I would go out of the house, I would grab two or three items, a foreign coin, a little pin, a tiny gumball machine toy etc. I would hold them, and, prayerfully bless them, asking God, the Universe, the Powers That Be, etc, to send a blessing upon the finder of the object. I did this with utter sincerety and planted each item with my intent of blessing and good fortune, ease from suffering, etc.
I would then go out and do whatever it was, run errands, go to the store, etc, and, when I would find an appropriate place, like a pay phone coin return, a park bench, a playground, store window ledge, I would place an item on it, and walk away.
I still do this on occasion, but I am so much less mobile than I ever was before. It is a way of saying "thank you" to the universe for the kindnesses shown me in my life.
Who will find my blessing? I have NO idea! A child? A young mother? A homeless person? A banker? it does not matter. What will they do with it? Give it to a friend? Place it in their pocket and take it home? Throw it away? I don't know and again, it does not matter. the blessing sticks to whoever found it. (I use spiritual Gorilla Glue)
It's a GREAT way to build good karma, and to benefit others without "having to get involved".
Enjoy!
Sage(Janey Apple Seed?)Grouse

<°)))>{

That's some next level stuff right there.:cool:

I just have a mason jar I toss all my junk jewelry into that sits on a I beam down my basement. Look at them as interesting but worthless finds.

Back
Top Bottom