Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > How to Use Your Metal Detector

Old 06-21-2019, 08:50 PM

Exclamation Nox 800 beach help !

Have had my 800 for about 2 months now. Still have a long ways to go. I hunt mainly on the slope , wet sand. Light to medium mineralization. What are your exact favorite settings that work for you in similar conditions ? Beach 1 or 2 ? Etc,etc,etc. Thanks for your crash course settings...

Old 06-23-2019, 10:00 AM

I use beach 1 in the dry sand and beach 2 in the salt surf, but both seem fine to me either way.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by sgabrie8544 View post
I use beach 1 in the dry sand and beach 2 in the salt surf, but both seem fine to me either way.
Thanks. Was looking for more advanced settings.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by KOB View post
Thanks. Was looking for more advanced settings.

On the beach I pretty much dig every signal, so thereís not really a need to get fancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-24-2019, 07:44 AM

I customize Beach 2. If you are doing slope and the wave is riding up the slope, you will get falsing on the different wetness density as it gets absorbed. As for more advance setting, you really don't have any. If you are looking for gold you dig everything.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Charly-in-CT-RI View post
I customize Beach 2. If you are doing slope and the wave is riding up the slope, you will get falsing on the different wetness density as it gets absorbed. As for more advance setting, you really don't have any. If you are looking for gold you dig everything.
Thanks. I just see that alot of guys do some tweaking on the settings. But there are many variables involved. Though only an air test , Tony Eisenhower's video graph shows that Yes , you gotta dig everything if you want gold. Same thing with my PI !!! Except that you can notch out iron a little better , which is huge in a trashy area.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:24 PM

Gold can be from 1 to 23. The majority of it is between 7 and 19. I set my 'gold range' from 6 to 19 to be a high pitch tone and 20 to 40 to be just a slightly higher tone. My 1 to 6 to a lowest pitch.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:35 PM
Elite Member

Look up Neilís beach to land program. Works pretty good

Old 06-27-2019, 11:47 PM

Gold can be from 1 to 23. The majority of it is between 7 and 19. I set my 'gold range' from 6 to 19 to be a high pitch tone and 20 to 40 to be just a slightly higher tone. My 1 to 6 to a lowest pitch.
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm running beach 2 on a 2 tone program in the wet. Digging most everything above 0. I just don't have the pinpointing down yet. Recovery at 4. My holes are big , and I have a big scoop.
Targets seem like I get on the outer perimeter of coil. Then when I try to center the target in the coil and after I take a scoop , it seems like its out to the edge again. Driving me nuts. Maybe my settings are off a bit. Idk...

Old 06-28-2019, 05:21 AM
Elite Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm running beach 2 on a 2 tone program in the wet. Digging most everything above 0. I just don't have the pinpointing down yet. Recovery at 4. My holes are big , and I have a big scoop.
Targets seem like I get on the outer perimeter of coil. Then when I try to center the target in the coil and after I take a scoop , it seems like its out to the edge again. Driving me nuts. Maybe my settings are off a bit. Idk...
V
Probably coins on edge. They pinpoint to the edge of the coil.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:32 PM

Are you using the pinpoint button. press the button and then hit it from two different ways (x or t pattern).

The other option is to use the tip of the coil (top or bottom) and as the sound goes lower you just moved off of the target.

Old 06-28-2019, 05:30 PM

Are you using the pinpoint button. press the button and then hit it from two different ways (x or t pattern).

The other option is to use the tip of the coil (top or bottom) and as the sound goes lower you just moved off of the target.
I'm not using the pinpoint mode. Trying to do it on my own. Another thing odd is that larger items , like a soda can , doesn't sound much different than a small piece

Old 06-28-2019, 06:53 PM

I'm not using the pinpoint mode. Trying to do it on my own. Another thing odd is that larger items , like a soda can , doesn't sound much different than a small piece
To determine a soda can, you can lift the coil off the ground (6 to 15 inches). If you still get a loud tone then the object is large.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:41 PM

To determine a soda can, you can lift the coil off the ground (6 to 15 inches). If you still get a loud tone then the object is large.
Ahhh .haaa. forgot about that one ! Thanks