Kellyco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachscanner

In Memory Of
Called again today and no info available (stunning) was told log number would not help. Just want to find out how far out my order is. This is like trying to break in to the US Treasury.

Called again today and no info available (stunning) was told log number would not help. Just want to find out how far out my order is. This is like trying to break in to the US Treasury.

None of my friends ever got theirs from the big box store. Already using mine I ordered two weeks ago from a guy in Missouri. Feel for you dude! One friend ordered from the same guy I did and got that one. The one he pre paid for at the box store in Sept? NOPE!

I ordered my 800 on September 20th from KellyCo just days after the release. I never heard a word. I saw a few guys who ordered after me got their machines from them so I called KellyCo. They wanted my order number, which I had at hand. I was put on hold, eventually they came back and finally admitted I did indeed have an order with them and they immediately went into their spiel about all orders being filled in order received. I asked why Mr ______ had already received his even though he ordered after me. The KellyCo rep said “That’s a lie.” So I’m still unsure if I’m the liar or if the dude using his 800 is a liar? Anyway, the rep said he could absolutely guarantee me that I would receive my detector “EVENTUALLY”.......???

About a week goes by, and a web friend of mine who ordered on October 14th gets his from KellyCo. I asked him for a pic of the invoice, which he quickly sent. Armed with “proof” I call KellyCo once again and I again give them my number, I’m put on hold. They hesitantly admit I’ve got an order, but the dude says “Don’t worry, you’ll get your machine SOONER OR LATER.”.....??? He then goes into the spiel about all orders being filled in order received, and I ask why others are being served out of; he interrupts me and loudly screams “I don’t get paid enough to put up with this.” And threatens to hang up on me! I begin to say I had this invoice from a friend, and BOOM! He interrupts me again by screaming “Hey! Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey...” over me a thousand times. I couldn’t even speak. Great service from customer service no doubt. I hung up on the jackass.

So. After 170 days of waiting, being called a liar, and berated and yelled at. I canceled my order with KellyCo. I just can not and WILL NOT support that kind of behavior. Interestingly, the 3rd call to cancel was handled very professionally and quickly. I hated to lose my place in line and start all over again, but they’ll never get a dime from me, I can certainly promise you that.

I ordered my 800 on September 20th from KellyCo just days after the release. I never heard a word. I saw a few guys who ordered after me got their machines from them so I called KellyCo. They wanted my order number, which I had at hand. I was put on hold, eventually they came back and finally admitted I did indeed have an order with them and they immediately went into their spiel about all orders being filled in order received. I asked why Mr ______ had already received his even though he ordered after me. The KellyCo rep said “That’s a lie.” So I’m still unsure if I’m the liar or if the dude using his 800 is a liar? Anyway, the rep said he could absolutely guarantee me that I would receive my detector “EVENTUALLY”.......???

About a week goes by, and a web friend of mine who ordered on October 14th gets his from KellyCo. I asked him for a pic of the invoice, which he quickly sent. Armed with “proof” I call KellyCo once again and I again give them my number, I’m put on hold. They hesitantly admit I’ve got an order, but the dude says “Don’t worry, you’ll get your machine SOONER OR LATER.”.....??? He then goes into the spiel about all orders being filled in order received, and I ask why others are being served out of; he interrupts me and loudly screams “I don’t get paid enough to put up with this.” And threatens to hang up on me! I begin to say I had this invoice from a friend, and BOOM! He interrupts me again by screaming “Hey! Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey...” over me a thousand times. I couldn’t even speak. Great service from customer service no doubt. I hung up on the jackass.

So. After 170 days of waiting, being called a liar, and berated and yelled at. I canceled my order with KellyCo. I just can not and WILL NOT support that kind of behavior. Interestingly, the 3rd call to cancel was handled very professionally and quickly. I hated to lose my place in line and start all over again, but they’ll never get a dime from me, I can certainly promise you that.

Had a similar experience a few years ago when I was trying to order my first detector. Have not and will not be ordering from them anytime soon. I was going to give them another chance since its been a few years, but I keep hearing this kind of stuff.

It is a shame this had to happen. I would guess one of the other sponsors here would be glad to fill your order.

The OP of this thread has been contacted by the KellyCo Rep.

This is what is GREAT about being a member of a community like this. EVERY company has good and bad employees. That is no question, it is a fact. Every company also makes mistakes.

As part of a forum and community of detectorists, you can get help from the owners and moderators of such forum and get results.

I am a member of BoatUS also and folks write in to them to complain about manufacturers of boats and boating equipment. THEY get results. Owners of companies do NOT want to see their company tossed under a bus for the world to see.

I hope the rep will repair the situation and everything will work out almost satisfactory to the OP. I am saying ALMOST satisfactory because I am sure he will remember the hoops he had to go through to get the situation resolved and he should have had a machine way before now.

Many thanks to the moderators on here for getting involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom