E800

My problem is...... no headphones or cable yet. Just bites only being able to use it thigh deep..... just not where you want to be during spring break. Soooooo ill be using the CTX and leaving those chains.:lol:

Right there! Plus, reports on the hydrodynamics/bouyancy of the coil..does it float? Will a guy need to drop a glass rod down inside the lower shaft to keep that coil on the deck under the water? Will the shaft take the stresses of dedicated water hunting or will a guy have to pop for an aftermarket? Things like this...

I guess minelab needs to come out with a chain-sensing coil for the CTX.

Yeah I just "coined" the Equinox 800.... So I'm patiently watching and waiting for the bug's/fix's/tweaks/weaks/etc until I decide to get one or not. I'm still in love with my CTX so I'm in no rush.... So how different are the numbers on the E800/E600 vs the CTX?

I'm in your corner Low Tide. I'm in love with the CTX. I've had a lot of machines that I hoped would replace it. But I haven't found one yet. I'm not saying it's the best for everyone, but it works for me.

dropped the dime today on the NOX 800... I'll post some side by side comparisons with my CTX by next week.

Right there! Plus, reports on the hydrodynamics/bouyancy of the coil..does it float? Will a guy need to drop a glass rod down inside the lower shaft to keep that coil on the deck under the water? Will the shaft take the stresses of dedicated water hunting or will a guy have to pop for an aftermarket? Things like this...

Did some fresh water testing this week and never even gave the coil buoyancy a thought- seemed very well balanced in the water! My Dual Field coil, on the other hand, will serve as an emergency flotation device should a rip current ever sweep me out to sea. :lol: The Nox shaft is doing good so far but I only have about 6 hours of water hunting on it.

George, are you getting used to the difference in the ID numbers? Much different than a CTX. Are you just digging everything to learn?

Kevin, this is the first detector I've ever used with target ID numbers so I have nothing to compare it to. I am digging most everything but I find myself favoring the higher numbers when I start to get tired of digging so many junk targets (foil, aluminum and bottle caps). I hear there is a trick to identifying the bottle caps but I haven't tried it yet.
My pinpointing is slowing me down but that should improve, especially, when the smaller coil is available. :yes:

For some reason I thought you had a CTX.. My advice is to set your tone (if you can on the 800) to higher tones for quarters/dimes/silver... For the Gold range which from what I'm seeing can be anything from 12.1 to 12.11 which can be a PITA because ALOT of other targets will get in that range to, set it to a tone that catches your attn. With the CTX I've pulled gold rings at 12.01 to 12.04 and then it's junk from 12.05 to 12.14 Then a nickel or tab is around 12.15... most things from 12.16 to 12.19 is junk and then the bigger gold range is 12.20 to 12.28.. Then theres a lot of junk around the 12.30 mark. then 12.36 is penny, 12.40ish is dime. 12.44ish is quarter ......silver is in the 12.44 up range...

I know that these are CTX numbers but I wonder if theres any similarity in pattern with the NOX just with different ID's. From videos that I've seen iron is 0 or negative numbers, 1 to 3 is a chain. then around 10, 11 is the ring... That's all i know for now.. Cant wait. My 800 is coming on the 27th...

I went to the bay last week with the CTX and even after having my CTX for about 4 yrs now and using all the time, i was completely confused at most of the ID's I was pulling. The beach tends to be much more predictable. The bay with all the aluminum tid-bits and weird trash, I was digging pretty much everything..Which is an understatement :mad:
Anyways, I'd love to pick yours, Ross', Alex', and Tony's brain to see what's going on so far with the 800's settings and ID's

Back
Top Bottom