Heat & smoke!

goldpaninut

Well its been so hot and smokey out west here in Southern Oregon this summer, I haven't had a chance to get out detecting since July 2nd! And I'm having real bad withdrawals.....LOL Checked all my detectors yesterday for signs of rust, dusted them, and checked batteries....all in order. Now they're saying these forest fires won't be extinguished until the rains come in November!!! :?: Don't think I"m going to make it! I keep dreaming of that 1890 - CC silver dollar I found in a Boise city park 2 years ago, its haunting me to get back out there!!! And the trip to the California gold country with my son is haunting me, when I found that 1/4 oz. nugget and Mercury dime in a torrential downpour of rain.......Come on Mother Nature.....start throwing a tantrum & RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 2 (2).jpg
    2 (2).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC02382.jpg
    DSC02382.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 202
I hope you get out soon! Man that Morgan is cherry! A lot nicer than my 1890!

Gosh! I can match you with a Morgan and even the Merc but the closest I can come to that beautiful Gold nugget is a 7lb hunk of float Copper. Hope the heat subsides and the smoke clears and you can get back out and add more to the very special items in your treasure chest. Trapper

I hear you the Smoke and Heat has been a bear in Southern Oregon.. the smoke is getting a little better last few days though but some ground is just too hard to dig. Trick is go EARLY morning to beat the heat and find well watered ground it seems.

good luck and hope to see you out there soon !!

I remember that post of yours regarding the Gold nugget and the merc! So yeah, you have found some amazing things...you should be able to survive off of memories for a while!

If you come to California again, don't forget the rules: 30% goes to me. I accept paypal :cool:

Yeah, I hope to return to that creek in California with my son hopefully in October for 3 days......will post what I find!

Its been ugly in the Portland metro area also. I scheduled the last week of Sept. and first week of Oct. off for vacation. Thats when the rains will show up with a vengence:grin:

Yea Goldendale Wa here near the Columbia river. Smoke so thick you can taste it. I love to hunt south of Ontario Oregon near Vale. We were going out yesterday but too smoky, making eyes water and throat itch. You could actually
taste the smoke. Come on rain. MXT Pro, MXT All Pro, DFX, Garrett AT Max, and trying out the Equinox 800 whenever I can get out again.

Back
Top Bottom