• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finished!!

Outstanding restoration job! It doesn’t look like it was easy. I’m sure the grandkids will love their bombs!:yes:

I don't know what I was expecting, but not that! THAT IS GORGEOUS! Nice work of art, there, Scuba! Well done!

Sometimes I see "restorations," that really amount to cleaning off rust, and then tossing some wax on it, but you completely outdid yourself on that. It's museum quality restoration! NICELY DONE!

Skippy

I called Selfridge ANG museum last year and they had no interest in my finds. Said they had everything. I went there a couple of months ago and saw their bomb and their Lewis machine gun magazine and gun.

SMALL problem. Their bomb was poor quality and the Lewis machine gun magazine wasn't even one they used on planes. They have a single stack 50 round magazine. The planes used a double stack 99 round magazine. I have two now that were dropped off the planes into the water.

I get a PM yesterday on Facebook. Looks like they have a change of heart after seeing this bomb posted there. They want to see me on Tuesday morning at 10am and talk. I think their interest has been heightened!

One of these just sold on a Canadian website for 800.00. It was in better shape and had most its original paint. I know mine has been restored and the fins were not black on the original but I like the way I had it painted.

I have a friend that is going to paint a custom art picture on the one I am going to keep. I will be going out to find more next summer. These pieces of history might keep me busy for a while.

I called Selfridge ANG museum last year and they had no interest in my finds. Said they had everything. ...

Well, if it doesn't get displayed elsewhere, you at least have the satisfaction that it's been displayed and admired on the "museum of FMDF" . Heck, 1000 yrs. from now, someone will be data-mining old internet archives in research, and: Your post & pix here will become an important clue that solves some future historical research ! :cool:

If that's not good enough, send it to me. I'll be happy to display it in my museum cabinets. A time or two per year (annual Christmas party, etc...) I lead friends/relatives on a tour through my cabinets. Your bomb will be prominently displayed :laughing:

I don't know what I was expecting, but not that! THAT IS GORGEOUS! Nice work of art, there, Scuba! Well done!

Sometimes I see "restorations," that really amount to cleaning off rust, and then tossing some wax on it, but you completely outdid yourself on that. It's museum quality restoration! NICELY DONE!

Skippy

I reread the heading and I guess if I didn't post it I would think someone is finished detecting!!

Thanks Skippy. It exceeded my expectations also. I was more than impressed

Back
Top Bottom