Jesse James Hidden Treasure Central Kansas

jmbarclay

Just wondering if anyone else watched the History Channel on Saturday!
It was really interesting on what they found. If anyone missed it im sure you could go online and find it it was called Jesse James Hidden Treasure. I am sure everyone on here would find it worth watching!:yes:

I watched it too. Thought it was very interesting, especially the background story of what made James the man he was. But, I've got to be honest, I hate shows like that because they leave me hanging. They find just enough to pique your interest and then they run out of money, time, good weather, or whatever. And if they ever do a follow-up I generally miss it! :mad:

Throw the BS flag on this episode

I thought the history coverage was great.

The metal detecting part of the show where they turned up treasure appeared fake to me. They called these guys experts, but they did not seem to know how to operate the equipment. (That appeared to be new without any scratches)

They dig a hole, and do not know how to dig? Did they never hear that Garrett HAS A PINPOINTER!

They spend a lot of time setting up their grids, and measurements of 7 feet between signals, and after all that he sticks his detector into a tree randomly and pulls out a gold bar. MMmmmmmm. Also with all the secrecy, under the giant JJ letters carved into the hill with other graffetti, there are the coins in the jar.

The gold bar was coins melted with a blow torch, by amateurs who thought that's all it took to make a fake dorry bar You do not melt gold coins to hide the fact that their stolen. Melting gold into bars was the miners trick. Dorry bars are harder to sell and make. IS that gold he asks???? Must be, the metal detector says so!

They got a Monster Hydraulic Excavator, and cannot dig their big anomaly 20 feet deep?

I am throwing the BS flag on this show. Reminds me of Geraldo and Al Capones Vaults. Oh Yeah, why the badges and the guns and uniforms?

Here are the pictures of a dory bar being made. It is a smelting process to remove impurities. The same equipment is required just to melt gold. So Jesse James has all this equipment with him on the trail? No, the people who did the show didn't know what they were doing when trying to manufacture evidence.

Attachments

• IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 21,152
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 21,221
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 19,574
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 23,837
lol i have to say i did find it funny how they could not dig up the last located treasure. They needed larger equipment to do so but this was burried back in the horse and buggy days.:lol:

I did watch it. I was very disappointed. I realize that it is TV and it must be dragged out and drama added. But the lack of professionalism was abysmal, and the techniques applied were laughable. All that equipment and virtually nothing found. If treasure was buried back in those times, it would certainly be both detectable (Ground penetrating radar was used) and heavy equipment. The last site was on a hillside and they attempt to dig straight down instead of coming at it from the side... why? Something not right with that program. RickO

LOL sadly I missed it... but probably would have just made me mad at the fools anyway so maybe for the best.

The guys just seemed like big goofy hams. If 5 of you guys were out there, you would have found whatever treasure was there a lot quicker and a lot less goofy.

I also did think those treasures were staged.

I also think that those guys didn't have a clue about using the Ground Penetrating Radar setup. You can't just get Joe Shmoe to operate one of those things. You need somebody who is familiar with geological surveying and one who has experience with how the wave-forms are represented.

Those machines don't show "boxes buried" as that guy indicated. They will normally show a wave pattern which may or may not be a box. You have to have years of experience on one to say, "yeah that wave is definitely a box."

I've seen a geological survey on a graveyard and it just looks like a number of waves. There are no rectangular boxes on the screen.

My rant!!!!! About the show!!!!

I watched the show and the whole thing was a FARSE!!!! The NGS does not exist. It's a bunch of guys packing guns for whatever reason with badges that carry no authority. On private land what they do is their business. The coins they found were staged, completely staged. In Kansas, the geography of where they were would attract youngsters and everyone else to relax and sit out by the river. Places like this have been most likely searched.

Second, what kind of a treasure hunter who is a foot away from their goal, one which could potentially re-write history walks away from a site because of equipment. What kind of organization would run out of money to hire a back-hoe for an hour? I mean come on.

The dimension of the box which were given are almost uniformly that of a CASKET, and the area in which they were scanning, would be somewhere where people would want to be buried. I means seriously, these guys were a flipping joke. If you did find gold coins and morgans you would be searching the area for days for any remaining treasures.

I mean REALLY????

Jesse James Knights of the Golden Circle

The show was fake, bit the history was accurate. The idea that Jesse James faked his death has merit. A&E channel found a descendant that not only looks like Jesse James, but DNA testing shows he is 99.9% direct descendant of James, after he was allegedly shot in the back of the head. The 44 colt left a small exit would so you can see Jesse's face in the picture. And while people call it a civil war, Southerners still refer it as The war of Northern Aggression.
KGC was a typical southern loose knit group.

History in the south is passed down by word of mouth. While northerners can name big battles, a southerner cane name family members from the civil war by name, and tell you what battle they died at.

Landshark,

I was not born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could.

I've been looking for it on the listings since the History channel has a history of repeating episodes till you can't stand it... In this case it seems to be a one run show for some reason. Probably the same response they got from this group.. Not good.

Just wondering if anyone else watched the History Channel on Saturday!
It was really interesting on what they found. If anyone missed it im sure you could go online and find it it was called Jesse James Hidden Treasure. I am sure everyone on here would find it worth watching!:yes:

I watched it, good show. The ending got me though. They had this big hole and they knew something was down there but they quit digging over funding??

I would be down there with a shovel hauling up bucket fulls of earth if it took me days, lol.

show was in ellsworth county kansas

I recognized the land from fieldtrips as a child, the kid running the excavator was just a few years out of highschool, and the son of the actually landowner, the so called treasure hunters were very secretive, they were easy to spot in a small town where everyone knows everyone, they were in town about 6 weeks , and yes they really did have armed guards, durring the taping of the show, the actuall land owner is tight lipped about everything, he was asked why they stopped digging, and his answer was, " what makes you so sure they stopped?" And will not answer any other questions. All I know is there'd a lot of unanswered questions and mystery, I really wish a knew more.

Back
Top Bottom