<Old Swim Hole Turns Sweet 16>

AceGVSU11

Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Well you just know you're going to have a good day when your first 3 targets of the afternoon are a wheatie, a ring, and a Merc! :cool: Back at the Old Swim Hole again and it didn't disappoint... maybe one of these days but not today!

Wasn't able to find any pure gold... might have some plated stuff, but everything is in the process of being cleaned. The obvious note being given a sweet 16 count for rings today!!! :shock: Can't believe one wasn't gold with that many there but I already pulled 4 out from this spot last week so maybe I just got them all early! ;)

Also pulled 2 Washingtons, 2 Rosies, 1 Merc, another 12 Wheaties, and a bunch of religious pendents... and a table shuffleboard puck! lol! Maybe the highlight of the hunt! It was giving an overload signal but I wanted it out and once I got it, there was still a signal in the hole and wouldn't you know it... it was a ring! :p

Hope to revisit later this weekend! I will post a video and cleaned pics once they are done... Enjoy and I have extra towels if you find yourself with a wet keyboard from drool lol!

Attachments

• IMG_20120824_201359.jpg
    IMG_20120824_201359.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_20120824_201408.jpg
    IMG_20120824_201408.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_20120824_201433.jpg
    IMG_20120824_201433.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_20120824_201441.jpg
    IMG_20120824_201441.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 561
I think it's clearly "virgin" ground....the gold will come once you get the rest cleared. That said....this was a fine hunt...I'd probably camp for the weekend and hammer it. Congrats!
Bill

Ace, you definately have yourself one SWEET spot. Talk about 'livin' the dream', This is what it's all about. I foresee more gold in your future, and can't wait to see you post it. : ) Good luck with your hunts.

Okay that's insane :shock: 16 rings is amazing. Can you post a pic of all the rings once you clean them up? Great hunt :wow:

That's the kind of place we all want to find. Keep at it, the gold is there. Congrats on the silver.

I would think that this area was frequented mostly by younger people based on the lack of gold amongst those rings? Pretty unique hunt results. Congrats on all the rings and coins!

I am in a swimmen hole just like that. Lots of good silver bling, no silver coins just lots of clad, and just a little gold. I think the gold is deep down in a thick layer of black sand.
Good looking stuff. Keep digging the gold is there.

It took me 4 summers to clean out a spot like that here at home, so you are in for a lot more good stuff!! Congrats on a great hunt, Jim

Thanks all... it seems to me that if you were a kid in the 50s/60s and wanted to dump your stuff this was the place to do it! I still haven't found coins past 1968 out there. Guessing the beach was closed after that and no one ever came back to claim what they lost!

I hope you're planning a trip for today. We'll be waiting for your post and a look at those 16 rings all cleaned up. How many were silver? Good luck with your hunts. : )

Back
Top Bottom