Just goes to show....

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
any CRHer can have a blow out week and then a nothing much week...back to back...

KT's 5 boxes this week yielded no silver, and some 24 NIFCs, but only 1...a 2015 worth keeping. One proof showed up that has obviously seen better days, but it was retained anyway.

Only the one pic this week...Onward and upward with next week's hunt! Best of luck to all!

Attachments

• CRH 08 10 2017 1 Proof, 1 NIFC.jpg
    CRH 08 10 2017 1 Proof, 1 NIFC.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 218
Excelsior! Performance! As an aside you may find of Royal interest...I attended the local Numismatic Club meeting last evening...I'm actually a freshman Member in good standing, there to learn and liven up the place and fondle coins....I got to talking to an old non descript villager about silver and whatnot, during a lull in the conversation, and thinking of your Highness' yearly CRH commitment, I broached the subject! I explained to him how 'I know a guy' who hunts for Bank Halfs in rolls and has an amazing system....

He nodded politely and then quietly stated that his Wife worked at the local bank for 42 YEARS! Said She was the one who reconciled and did the count every single morning before the bank opened ...Went on to say, that She is well aware of all things silvery and shiny, and has religiously scoured through the daily deposit coin dumps and brought home every silver jot and tittle!....for the past 42 YEARS!!!!! did I mention that?

Contemplating the massive silver stack this unassuming gentleman must have amassed in that time of his Wifes occupation...DAILY sifting deposits for silver, I held my hand at waist level off the floor...He said, "Thats about right in a cubic square!"....Said a while back, she brought him home a gold coin that was deposited in with the nickel rolls even! So she took it out and tossed in a nickel replacement!! I simultaneously inadvertantly burped, sneezed, and farted...several other things too....thought you might find this amusing to contemplate...Aint no good hunting rolls at THAT bank I can tell you!:laughing:

Last edited:
Those NIFC's don't do much for me for some reason, though you've found some real nice goodies in that respect no doubt!

Next series of boxes could just well be the motherload!

Mud, KT has long suspected there were such people around, keeping watch and snatching silver before it could reach the Royal Boxes! But this couple has been around long before KT started His Royal Endeavors, so His Majesty can only hope that their heirs are as unknowing as the general public and all this silver will one day be released back into circulation! :laughing::laughing: It would be something to hoard that many years and then it to be dumped by an unsuspecting unknowledgeable grandchild! :heartylaugh:

Anyway, THAT is what keeps US going!

It would be something to hoard that many years and then it to be dumped by an unsuspecting unknowledgeable grandchild! :heartylaugh:

Such is the all too common and ignoble fate of a hard earned Life Hoard! We hear the stories all the time and sometimes even gain a small portion of the wreckage of progeny ignorance...Specifically targeted by numistmatists, pawn shops, silver bugs with ads running daily on CL and such... Evidently, Precious Metal Knowledge is not genetically transferred...

I suppose thats the thing with Coin Collections or any other kind of Valuable amassment of This N That.....Like we see on that Strange Inheritance show or Pickers...If you dont do this, your stuff is basically despoiled and offloaded by the Survivors ignorant Familial Vultures and quickly pist away on 'peppermint sticks and pennywhistles'...(dope)..

A fellow should understand, a Lifes Collecting Work should be sold about a year or two before they die, or given away to Kindred Spirits...This should be a fun and interesting activity! Relished and enjoyed!

Except nobody ever thinks they are gonna die...It would be nice to time it just right...Leave this Earth with what you showed up with, and nothing else but maybe shorts and a hat, that would be the ultimate success!...Life is all about Timing...the older I get, Death even more so..especially with unappreciative and ignorant Vultures in the Family circling overhead.:?:

Just discussed this with the Wife yesterday...Its a lot of fun meeting appreciative young aspiring collectors that know the value of a persons Lifes Work, and then selling/giving it to them...The lively conversation and kindred fellowship is worth a hundred dollars!.....which is a 'Dinner and a Movie' now a days....Plus, I like to talk to strangers, and especially not Family...:laughing:

Last edited:
Such is the all too common and ignoble fate of a hard earned Life Hoard! We hear the stories all the time and sometimes even gain a small portion of the wreckage of progeny ignorance...Specifically targeted by numistmatists, pawn shops, silver bugs with ads running daily on CL and such... Evidently, Precious Metal Knowledge is not genetically transferred...

I suppose thats the thing with Coin Collections or any other kind of Valuable amassment of This N That.....Like we see on that Strange Inheritance show or Pickers...If you dont do this, your stuff is basically despoiled and offloaded by the Survivors ignorant Familial Vultures and quickly pist away on 'peppermint sticks and pennywhistles'...(dope)..

A fellow should understand, a Lifes Collecting Work should be sold about a year or two before they die, or given away to Kindred Spirits...This should be a fun and interesting activity! Relished and enjoyed!

Except nobody ever thinks they are gonna die...It would be nice to time it just right...Leave this Earth with what you showed up with, and nothing else but maybe shorts and a hat, that would be the ultimate success!...Life is all about Timing...the older I get, Death even more so..especially with unappreciative and ignorant Vultures in the Family circling overhead.:?:

Just discussed this with the Wife yesterday...Its a lot of fun meeting appreciative young aspiring collectors that know the value of a persons Lifes Work, and then selling/giving it to them...The lively conversation and kindred fellowship is worth a hundred dollars!.....which is a 'Dinner and a Movie' now a days....Plus, I like to talk to strangers, and especially not Family...:laughing:
:shock: Im the oddball family member that gets excited when they give me wheat pennies. :lol:

Mud, KT has long suspected there were such people around, keeping watch and snatching silver before it could reach the Royal Boxes! But this couple has been around long before KT started His Royal Endeavors, so His Majesty can only hope that their heirs are as unknowing as the general public and all this silver will one day be released back into circulation! :laughing::laughing: It would be something to hoard that many years and then it to be dumped by an unsuspecting unknowledgeable grandchild! :heartylaugh:

Thankfully that won't happen to my family because I'm going to make sure everyone is familiar with it before I kick the bucket which will hopefully not happen for another 80 plus years. :D

In liew of the above discussions, KT feels His Majesty must enter His Royal 2 cents worth to the conversation.

KT collected minerals, nice quality ones, for over 50 years, but He eventually realized that no one in the Royal Family would be interested once KT passed on, so at age 60, KT quit collecting minerals and began to sell His Royal Collection. That was 8 years ago. So far 30% of the collection has been sold and KT came into possession of $XX,XXX, which was obtained by incremental sales and used to pay Royal Bills. What is left would be wonderful to some collectors, but is so much nice mineral specimens to KT, but not the cream of the collection...KT was high graded but He knew what was happening and made the collectors pay handsomely for the privilege of purchasing. Anyway, now when KT visits His many collector friends across the country, it is with much satisfaction that He sees portions of the Royal Mineral Collection prominently displayed in their collections! Much better than if it was left to family and ended up in a bulk rock auction or in a 30 foot dumpster!

The key to handling the situation was that His Majesty never was emotionally attached to the minerals He collected, much less the ones He purchased. Oh, yes....KT recently sometimes purchases a mineral or two....and example was an exceptional quartz crystal from a site KT knows well...for $15 and which He later sold to an emotional collector for $100. There are other examples of this, too numerous to mention.

KT totally agrees with the statement above that before passing on, one should cash out his/her Horde and enjoy the fruits of the labor. Even better, just set an age....say 70 or 75, your choice, and dispose of the horde how you like before you are too old to enjoy the pleasure of doing it!

Back
Top Bottom