Ravin R20 crossbow tags big buck

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
With a hurt left hand and with broken finger, this is the actual deer I was shooting at when I had my hurt my hand and finger.
So tonite I went back and used a shooting stick for a crutch for my left hand and boom baby. Shot at a lasered 55 yards. Used a swat magnum crossbow Broadhead.
Took this pic with digiatal camera at night, can’t upload to my laptop currently due to problem, so I took this pic with iPad off my camera.

2gy3odv.jpg

Wow nice! Gotta get me a crossbow. I remember when here in Michigan only the handicapped could use one. Now most everyone does.

Congratulations Sharp! Look at those tines! Almost Mule deerish! Way to get back out there even with your busted paw!! That had to make the drag out painful...How far did he go after the hit? Any tracking involved?

A few more pics, better pics actually.

2d003fm.jpg

45 degree angle shot. Makes rack look bad.
Beleive it or not after scoring only 1.5” total deductions as far as how close to rack is to being symmetric. So very symetric rack.

j7vzpy.jpg

Congratulations Sharp! Look at those tines! Almost Mule deerish! Way to get back out there even with your busted paw!! That had to make the drag out painful...How far did he go after the hit? Any tracking involved?

Dropped him in his tracks behind my house. Have a cable lift to load, so no problems. Shot with swat magnum Broadhead, a very mean Broadhead, with 8 cutting blades. Bolt hit him so hard (bone) at 55 yards it split the carbon shaft and Broadhead remained inndeer by shaft popped out of deer. Ravin R20 shoots 400 grains of weight around 435 fps or 164 ft lbs of energy upon leaving bow.
And bow is capable of breaking;g fingers and also removing them.
And the fingerprints are still intact. Lol
Out of old Clint movie talkinga about the 44 magmun pistol and his friend shooting a shotgun with 00 buckshot.

Very nice deer. If’n it’s brown it’s down. I never have been much of a trophy hunter since it’s the meat I am interested in. Living in the suburbs of Atlanta we have some big bucks but most of them are killed by cars. I have one in my neighborhood wearing one of those rocking chairs like they sell at Cracker Barrell, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats an awesome buck TNSS!!!!
Here is a doe I got a couple weeks ago on Ohios opening day of bow season

Attachments

• rrrrrrr.jpg
    rrrrrrr.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 121
Thats an awesome buck TNSS!!!!
Here is a doe I got a couple weeks ago on Ohios opening day of bow season

Nice one.
I like deer that size to eat. Definitely easier to handle. I am flat tired after dressing this big one. And the meat is still in ice chest. A big job. Work mind you.

A break from detecting is healthy for me.
And getting out in the fall air.
It has finally cooled down here.
Went from low 90s for highs to mere 60s in just a few days.

This subforum here is Great.

Very nice deer. If’n it’s brown it’s down. I never have been much of a trophy hunter since it’s the meat I am interested in. Living in the suburbs of Atlanta we have some big bucks but most of them are killed by cars. I have one in my neighborhood wearing one of those rocking chairs like they sell at Cracker Barrell, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Here’s a pic of deer with my 85 year old mother in law.
She was the one to actually spot the deer for me back in Aug.
She told me David, there’s a big rack deer that came into the field behind the house. His horns were so big I thought when he lowered his head I thought he wasn’t going to flip over. She looks great for her age and is still very nimble.

wmbcdw.jpg

Nice looking buck, I need to figure out a way to mount a crossbow to the shaft of the ATPro. I do alot of swinging within walking distance of my house near a city water tower. Everytime I go up there in the evening there is at least 4 or 5 doe walking around and the occasional smaller buck. Not sure if they are just curious of me or the detector or what's going on with them but they will watch me for hours often getting within about 20-30 feet if I'm down cutting a plug. Would almost be too easy that way though, Guess I could try using my digger as a throwing knife but don't think it woudl be very effective and I'd probably lose it afer the fact. Heck I can barely find it when I set it down right next to me.

Back
Top Bottom