Newest Details on Nokta Simultaneous Multi Frequency Detector

The user replaceable battery is a great idea IMHO. Not only because it’s user serviceable, but the ability to swap to a spare battery in the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The user-replaceable battery is a nice touch, I agree.

I also love her subtle knock on the Apex, too.

Nokta /Makro pretty much blew by all other brands in a short amount of time,I’m talking about landmark companies in this hobbie. And I’ll bet the new simultaneous multi frequency machine is gonna set the bar again.. And the best customer service I’ve seen yet, no brainer here..I’d love to get my hands on one of the new units coming out, and will buy one when they’re available.

Nokta /Makro pretty much blew by all other brands in a short amount of time,I’m talking about landmark companies in this hobbie. And I’ll bet the new simultaneous multi frequency machine is gonna set the bar again.. And the best customer service I’ve seen yet, no brainer here..I’d love to get my hands on one of the new units coming out, and will buy one when they’re available.

You may be right, but based on that video, it seems like it's going to be the rough equivalent of the Equinox 600 or 800, in terms of both price and performance. Or maybe she's being smart and keeping expectations low?

You may be right, but based on that video, it seems like it's going to be the rough equivalent of the Equinox 600 or 800, in terms of both price and performance.

If this is true , , I think everyone would still buy the Nokta/Makro because of the customer service they give. Minelab drags they're feet on that and has since the beginning. . Makro has resolved issues for me and others on machines out of warranty, minelab is a nightmare for machines that have valid warranty.

I wasn't aware it had that issue. TIL

On mine, the lower shaft has a LOT of flex in it. Especially after it’s been sitting in the heat on a hot summer day. This was noted by several other owners too. I got one of the early units though, so they may have already fixed it. That wouldn’t be surprising because Nokta really does listen to their customers more so than most other manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nokta is a good company and I wouldn't doubt that they've kept a careful eye on Minelab and how they might be able to win some of the "multi" market from them...by also focusing on whatever peripheral features Minelab is deficient in. Sometimes first is not best. In fact often it is not.

If you look at how gun companies have tried to outdo each other with small, lightweight, 9mm concealable handguns with the highest capacity...it's pretty much the same deal. There's another market that Turkish companies have remained very competetive in the same way, for very reasonable prices.

Minelab cornered the market lately because they managed to secure a "simultaneous/multi" patent. And they have decent workmanship. And that is all. The post-patent tsunami is coming!

I kind of doubt any other company will dethrone Minelab in the next 10 years. They have a massive head start on everybody else. If I had to bet what company had the best and smartest people working for the them I'd bet it was Minelab.

I had to send my Equinox in for warranty work. The only way I could have been happier with their customer service is if they would have hand delivered it back to me. It was blazing fast.

minelab is also ''dedicated" to improving their products.don't look for them to "stagnate."
their patents are locked up for a while,so competitors have to be really careful about infringement!.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

If Nokta Makro's simultaneous multi frequency detector is as good as their previous detectors it will definitely be a welcome addition to the SMF market as far as I'm concerned. I love my Equinox, but I keep a Garrett AT Gold in my detector collection for the times I want to detect submerged in fresh water. I just don't trust my Equinox underwater. I have owned three Nokta Makro fully waterproof detectors and they were just that=fully waterproof with zero issues.

I have not been particularly impressed with Nokta Makro's customer service or their repair facility. They would not replace two coils that obviously had coil knock problems which were under warranty. This was before they had a US based repair center. They also would not send me a replacement lower shaft for my Simplex. That did not make me happy.

As some have already mentioned, the stock lower rod on my Simplex was a joke. Mine would flex a full 3" if I gently pressed on it in the middle. It reminded me of one of those foam swimming float noodles. They offered to send owners a little insert to "fix" the problem. The one they sent me did not fix it. They have now released an upgraded carbon fiber shaft for the Simplex but you have to buy it as a replacement shaft. Why they don't just ship new Simplex detectors with those upgraded carbon fiber shafts is a mystery. Otherwise, the Simplex is a totally amazing detector for the price.

To be fair, the Equinox middle and lower shaft were barely mediocre unless the owner was going to maybe detect once a month in perfect weather conditions. I detect 60 to 100 hours per month so I decided to replace them with Steve G's great shafts.

I have never had a problem with Minelab's warranty or repair services here in the US.

Minelab cornered the market lately because they managed to secure a "simultaneous/multi" patent. And they have decent workmanship. And that is all. The post-patent tsunami is coming!

Minelab did not "manage to secure" anything.
They have been making top of the line simultaneous multi frequency detectors for over 25 years that no other detector manufacturer has been able to compete with. It's not even close. Yes, I have owned a White's DFX and V3i........great detectors but still not competitive. Hopefully, Nokta Makro's SMF will be able to compete or even out do Minelab's FBS and Multi IQ detectors. That would be quite an achievement.

Minelab did not "manage to secure" anything.
They have been making top of the line simultaneous multi frequency detectors for over 25 years that no other detector manufacturer has been able to compete with. It's not even close. Yes, I have owned a White's DFX and V3i........great detectors but still not competitive. Hopefully, Nokta Makro's SMF will be able to compete or even out do Minelab's FBS and Multi IQ detectors. That would be quite an achievement.

Yes they absolutely have secured parents on very specific and applicable tech related to multi frequency. And if you look here you will see that the majority of those patents just happen to be about 10 years old now which should tell you something regarding the OP and what Nokta is up to suddenly.

https://patents.justia.com/assignee/minelab-electronics-pty-ltd

I'm not knocking Minelab either. I know they're good.
Competitive companies aggressively seek to get things patented. It's a finite contract with the market, really...and they do expire and then the competition starts introducing what they've been working on behind the scenes to the same end. In the meantime they compete in other ways and in that respect I am also very impressed with Nokta. Personally I like their designs better. If they manage to incorporate simultaneous multi searching as well or better than Minelab, I'll be sold on them as long as customer support doesnt become a joke.

Yup, a machine to bite into the equinox/Apex sales. There's only one way I will change my current lineup, and that would be a new FBS flagship or Multi-IQ. I've found this technology to work best for my hunting needs, which is mostly deep coinshooting parks and fields. I do enjoy trying new technology though, and will never say never :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom