Revolutionary war patriot coat button

Caintuk

20180630_171355.jpg
I posted this pic in 2 different areas without realizing what I had. Not a lot of info on the Internet. After researching, these were propaganda Patriots buttons they would wear in defiance of the British. These were made about the same time as the GW inaugural buttons. I seen where there were only a few in existence. Mass. Virginia, SC, and now Kentucky! I was fighting the 90 degree heat. It rang up 35 VDI on my whites MX Sport. Same as large pull tab. I knew it was significant but didnt know how so until the wee hours of the morning researching. My best find EVER!

Ha, didn't see you posted in this section, and answered on your other thread about them being revolutionary war. Very nice!

The tail has 13 rattle buttons representing the 13 colonies. Thanks for helping me research Vermonster.

Always possible. Squire maybe, col. Calloway or George Roger's Clark. Had to be someone politically active. I'm going to research who built the house back in the day. That will lead to clues.

View attachment 418674

I posted this pic in 2 different areas without realizing what I had. Not a lot of info on the Internet. After researching, these were propaganda Patriots buttons they would wear in defiance of the British. These were made about the same time as the GW inaugural buttons. I seen where there were only a few in existence. Mass. Virginia, SC, and now Kentucky! I was fighting the 90 degree heat. It rang up 35 VDI on my whites MX Sport. Same as large pull tab. I knew it was significant but didnt know how so until the wee hours of the morning researching. My best find EVER!

Now that’s a find! You gonna frame that bad boy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure am! I'm presently getting it appraised.i saw one sell for $1100 dollars to a private collector. I'm not interested in selling it though.

Very interesting indeed! It's in pretty decent condition for a dirt find too! I probably would have said "Hmm Cool...a button with a snake on it"; then cleaned it up and tossed it in my odds & ends finds box. For $1100, I'd give everything in that box, plus throw in a box of Hotwheels and a jar of wheat pennies.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom