Ever detect your sidewalk?

OneStudPuppy

Forum Supporter
Kind of funny decided to detect the sidewalk in front of my house today. Knowing the age of it and house history since built I did mine. No metal grid or anything metal reenforcing in it so really was hitting soil under it. Got several high 30s signals. Small and short like a coin would expect to. So if they ever redo my sidewalk in front of my house I’ll be detecting and digging that soil! :D

Local city park that at one time was a ball field. I was detecting up close to the sidewalk and as I swung over the sidewalk I had a target under the sidewalk six inches or so from the edge. Since I did not want to make a mess I left the target. It is still there five years later.

Well I could try but I hope I don't get a signal, why ? The only sidewalk near our home is the one that I mixed the concrete by hand myself and poured years ago on my property and I'd hate to have to dig that back up :lol:

(We live in a semi-rural area off a gravel road with no public sidewalk there, the sidewalk I made goes up to my house from the driveway)

Well I could try but I hope I don't get a signal, why ? The only sidewalk near our home is the one that I mixed the concrete by hand myself and poured years ago on my property and I'd hate to have to dig that back up :lol:

(We live in a semi-rural area off a gravel road with no public sidewalk there, the sidewalk I made goes up to my house from the driveway)

Gary you could always tunnel under it if you had to. I've done that a few times.

Gary you could always tunnel under it if you had to. I've done that a few times.

Thanks GLASSHOPPER, I do appreciate the idea, but I forgot to mention that our home was only about 5 years old when we moved in, before that I believe it was uncleared wooded area, so unlikely to have any old coins, so tunneling under the sidewalk likely would not yield anything worth all that effort, but it would be pretty good exercise though :lol:

I have a couple sweet signals in old curbstrips that are too covered in large tree roots to get to. I think about them whenever I drive by them.

Back
Top Bottom