Operation "Ring to Soldier" - SUCCESS!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Labor Day Weekend, Army Sgt. Cibrian was vacationing on South Beach after returning from his deployment in Kuwait and Jordan. Unfortunately for him on Labor Day, he lost his Army ring in the surf. On September 10th, I was on afternoon hunt on South Beach when I found the lost ring in the washout area near the shore. When I found it, I thought it was to be my 1st found high school graduation ring, but after taking a closer look at my car with some glasses, I saw that it wasn’t.

(Original post of the find: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=265394) ( Craig, the rest of this may be too long for you!:laughing: )

I knew that I was going to try and return this ring and at school the next day and I enlisted the assistance of a retired Army Major that works at my school leading the JROTC program. In the next few days he was unsuccessful locating one of his contacts that would make it easy for him to locate the soldier that lost the ring. The Major did however provide me with a printout of “Army Knowledge Online” that showed a “Cibrian” living in Chicago with an address. On Monday, September 24th I sent a letter stating that I had something to return to Joel Cibrian. On Thursday, September 27th I got a call from Sgt. Joel Cibrian and I asked him if he had lost a ring on South Beach and he said yes. At first, he seemed initially and understandably apprehensive and incredulous about my call. I then explained to him that I metal detect and texted him pictures of the ring. I told him I would mail it back and I did that Saturday. His family received the ring on Wednesday, October 3rd. I contacted him, and he said he wouldn’t be able to get it back until October 19-20th since he was still vacationing. Well yesterday, Sgt. Cibrian finally was reunited with his ring and sent me a picture with it. This is my 1st official ring return outside of many that I have done while on the beach and I am very proud that it was for one of our soldiers. Thank you for your service Sgt. Cibrian and all of you on here that are veterans as well.

Attachments

• Sgt. Cibrian.jpg
    Sgt. Cibrian.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 878
  • 9-10-18 Ring (1).jpg
    9-10-18 Ring (1).jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 741
  • 9-10-18 Ring (3).jpg
    9-10-18 Ring (3).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 744
  • 9-10-18 Ring (2).jpg
    9-10-18 Ring (2).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
very cool, thanks for supporting our military. That is something hard to replace, even if replaced by a similar ring, it just isnt the same.

Great find and great return!

Excellent story and pics. Glad you were able to get this back to one of our soldiers. God Bless America .

Great return Felix!

Thank you for your service Sgt. Cibrian!

R5

Hats off to you and the men that serve, don't get any better then that return!

Back
Top Bottom