Got my ATMax

basstrackerman

Elite Member
Got my ATMax Saturday. Spent the day testing . In ground test garden, air tests, separation etc. Very very impressive. No question this looks to be a great detector. So much so that my nephew is trading in his detector for one.. all metal depth is better than any other detectors I've had. Disc depth is equal or greater than any. Separation will make you smile. ;). This is only from testing. Most don't leave me feeling this good . The audio is very informative to say the least.

Got my ATMax Saturday. Spent the day testing . In ground test garden, air tests, separation etc. Very very impressive. No question this looks to be a great detector. So much so that my nephew is trading in his detector for one.. all metal depth is better than any other detectors I've had. Disc depth is equal or greater than any. Separation will make you smile. ;). This is only from testing. Most don't leave me feeling this good . The audio is very informative to say the least.

Is this your first At detector,if so you will like it!

Just got home from a hunt. Yes my first of the at series . I had alot of fun on my hunt. I hit a hunted to death park and found a few goodies. One was a 1916 Buffalo at 8" with a solid tone with numbers 78-84. Older deeper nickels always read high on most of my detectors. Nails were everywhere including several in with the Buffalo. I found some small 22 shell casings in the 7-8 in depth range with good signal. The wireless headphones are awesome. Also I use a Gizmo. Thanks Kenny House. Compared alot of signals to my nephew's detector and ATMax called it right almost every time where his would have you digging more rusty metal. I'm impressed.

Glad that you have great reports so far. Tell us more on the use of Iron Audio in those iron infected areas. How did that work for you? In your test garden, were you able to reach a dime at 8 inches in the discriminated mode? What was your deepest coin depth in all metal?

Thanks Russ44

My test garden is very full of iron bits. I did not clean the iron out .. it does hit an 8" dime easily .. I had some iffy signals running zero mode with iron disc at 32, then I used iron audio and the true targets came to life. Deep iron .. my nephew's detector called most of the iffy targets good targets. All targets were dug up for verification. Since I am learning a new language.

Last edited:
Another great day with ATMax.. very deep machine. Learning the language and I'm smiling alot more these days.

Got mine today and I'm loving it too. Mainly just swinging around my yard and the hood. Did some testing and it squeaked a purposely buried wheatie at 11" although, admittedly, I probably would not have dug the signal. Re-buried at 8" and I would have dug it.

Loving the backlight.

Having a heck of a time getting used to GB and how it works, but that's because it's my first AT.

So far I'm impressed, but I need to hit my "hunted out" permissions.

I hit one of my hunted out parks today. Last few times there I have found nothing. Testing ATMax at that park found me 3 Buffalo nickles 1916,17,& 18. And undated Indian cent and a silver ring.. along with quite a few 22 shell casings all loud and clear and 7+ in deep. The Indian and Buffalo were touching and stuck together at 10+ in deep.. good signal. And witness . The ring was 8-9 in deep . Most every good targets had plenty of nails living with them in the ground. My first AT series detector ..just a note, most of these targets rang loud and clear at those depths. No question dig signals.

I hit one of my hunted out parks today. Last few times there I have found nothing. Testing ATMax at that park found me 3 Buffalo nickles 1916,17,& 18. And undated Indian cent and a silver ring.. along with quite a few 22 shell casings all loud and clear and 7+ in deep. The Indian and Buffalo were touching and stuck together at 10+ in deep.. good signal. And witness . The ring was 8-9 in deep . Most every good targets had plenty of nails living with them in the ground. My first AT series detector ..just a note, most of these targets rang loud and clear at those depths. No question dig signals.

Pics or it doesn't count..lol.. congratulations on the new machine and finds

I want to add pics, but chopping down the size so they will download to the forum is a pain lol. My phone has no adjustments on camera pic size and it's 21mp. I don't use a computer, just phone for everything.

I want to add pics, but chopping down the size so they will download to the forum is a pain lol. My phone has no adjustments on camera pic size and it's 21mp. I don't use a computer, just phone for everything.

Figure out how to do a screen shot with your phone, then post the screen shot..

<°)))>{

Did your finds ie 11 inch nickels etc come from discriminated or at All Metal....

Back
Top Bottom