New Record - 10 hunts w/o silver!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Good thing section isn't silver shooting cause I wouldn't be able to post lately! Today was 10 hunts in a row without a silver coin.

Today was another hunted out park cause I didn't want to drive a couple hours.

5 wheats and my first Palmolive Soap Token of the year. Sounded like a silver quarter. Couldn't believe no one ever dug that token in this heavily hunted spot.

4ad5a5663781d7c6b1c684ca2787eac7.jpg

2a081f273d38e8712fda43893c647f8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice token, sounds like your hunting and mine are pretty much the same, no silver in sight for a while now. It will get better :yes:

Nice token. You are not alone in the silver drought, I've been averaging one silver coin per 15 hunts this year. Even my clad finds are down compared to other years.:(

To find that many wheaties tells me it's not hunted as hard you may think. That's a cool token!!! I'm hoping to gain permission to a big Victorian with a huge yard tonight from a previous permission

To find that many wheaties tells me it's not hunted as hard you may think. That's a cool token!!! I'm hoping to gain permission to a big Victorian with a huge yard tonight from a previous permission

Look forward to your post. I'm guessing you'll be several silvers closer if ya get that permission. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice token. You are not alone in the silver drought, I've been averaging one silver coin per 15 hunts this year. Even my clad finds are down compared to other years.:(

I'm hitting the same tired ground all the time. I'm just going to have to move.

Nice token, sounds like your hunting and mine are pretty much the same, no silver in sight for a while now. It will get better :yes:

Thanks BBsGal.

Records are made to be broken. Hope you break that drought on the next hunt. Cool token and finds.

Thanks Jam. I hope you're right about my next hunt.

Look forward to your post. I'm guessing you'll be several silvers closer if ya get that permission. Good luck!

I got the permission but I'm not expecting it to hold many old coins because it's in the country and I've never had any luck at old homes in the country. All the good stuff seems to come from city houses

I got the permission but I'm not expecting it to hold many old coins because it's in the country and I've never had any luck at old homes in the country. All the good stuff seems to come from city houses

Dude, I have a buddy who hit a country home built in 1875. Middle of nowhere. Got permission 30 minutes before dark. Got a Morgan, complete silver pocket watch, Barber dime, 3 Mercs, GW, IHC and a wheat in that 30 minutes. This was less than a week ago.

PS, he was pillaging in western VA.

Dude, I have a buddy who hit a country home built in 1875. Middle of nowhere. Got permission 30 minutes before dark. Got a Morgan, complete silver pocket watch, Barber dime, 3 Mercs, GW, IHC and a wheat in that 30 minutes. This was less than a week ago.

PS, he was pillaging in western VA.

My luck is not that good lol

There are many folks that go for years of finding no Silver.. I been looking for one of those Palmolive coins for awhile.. Nice ones..

There are many folks that go for years of finding no Silver.. I been looking for one of those Palmolive coins for awhile.. Nice ones..

Thanks. I usually find a couple per year. I run about 50/50 on aluminum versus copper.

You'll probably dig a fist full of silver next time out.

The big token,,,reckon a few who had a coil over previously was thinking can??

Would be a nice place to drop the HF coil on Deus!!

At least you didn't get skunked.

You'll probably dig a fist full of silver next time out.

The big token,,,reckon a few who had a coil over previously was thinking can??

Would be a nice place to drop the HF coil on Deus!!

At least you didn't get skunked.

Nope. 11 in a row. I've got to move.

I past that record 10 hunts ago

Make it 11. Trying to catch you, lol.

Welcome to the real world (for many of us here). :mad: It's more like the rule rather than the exception anymore, lol.

Lol. I guess you're right.

Sorry about the silver. That's about normal for my hunts this past year. Silver has become ever elusive.

But on the other hand, congrats on the wheats & that nice palmolive token!

That token alone made the hunt worthwhile. Congrats!

Thanks Jak. Definitely like the tokens.

Sorry about the silver. That's about normal for my hunts this past year. Silver has become ever elusive.

But on the other hand, congrats on the wheats & that nice palmolive token!

Thanks sataro.

Back
Top Bottom